"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I have been tossing around story ideas for decades now. Wrote two screenplays over the years that didn't spark any interest so I've been digging deep to come up with something that people will respond to.

Here's the elevator pitch..

A Sci Fi universe where fictional beings such as zombies and ghosts are real and have a scientific explanation. Fictional eras are treated as part of history such as post apoc and space opera, starting with our normal world and expanding thousands of years into the future to describe how society collapsed and how Humans took to space.

The small group of heroes from the present establish an empire which lasts into the far future.

Pretty sure I'm gonna just use all Black characters. Not even gonna explain why in the story.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I have been tossing around story ideas for decades now. Wrote two screenplays over the years that didn't spark any interest so I've been digging deep to come up with something that people will respond to.

Here's the elevator pitch..

A Sci Fi universe where fictional beings such as zombies and ghosts are real and have a scientific explanation. Fictional eras are treated as part of history such as post apoc and space opera, starting with our normal world and expanding thousands of years into the future to describe how society collapsed and how Humans took to space.

The small group of heroes from the present establish an empire which lasts into the far future.

Pretty sure I'm gonna just use all Black characters. Not even gonna explain why in the story.

Won’t comment on the story because it can get to a gray area.

If you’re going for all black characters you could be eliminating a huge base for yourself as it’s seen as Afrocentric/niche. Unless you’re going that.

I got a fighting game I’m working on and realized the starting roster had no white people. Had to decide to move some characters back in release to get a more appealing cast.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If you’re going for all black characters you could be eliminating a huge base for yourself as it’s seen as Afrocentric/niche. Unless you’re going that.

I got a fighting game I’m working on and realized the starting roster had no white people. Had to decide to move some characters back in release to get a more appealing cast.

I've always felt conflicted about that.

I feel like a c00n for not writing an all black story because if we don't, who will but, then I feel like I'm constraining myself into a black niche like you said instead of just writing a story for all audiences.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

Mainly I don't want to write characters of other races and do that bullshyt where the Native American is named Thunderbird and the Asian dude is a ninja.. nahmean? Same thing we complain about when they write Black characters.

There's all Asian fictional worlds. And all white ones. Hopefully it'd just be ill enough for people to peek over the fence.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I've always felt conflicted about that.

I feel like a c00n for not writing an all black story because if we don't, who will but, then I feel like I'm constraining myself into a black niche like you said instead of just writing a story for all audiences.

I think it really depends on context, breh. These fantasy worlds we create by nature dictate they can’t be homogenous.

When the breh said he wants to create a space story you get opposite of what they said about Star Wars, “A Galaxy far far away with all these races and there’s only one black guy”? It’s the same with fighting game I’m making. I rely on the trope of world warrior/martial arts, so Iogic dictates we see all these nationalities/ethnicities.

For us if we create a black story we actively have to create worlds that aren’t stereotypically black, if that makes sense. The only recent success that that comes to mind is Avatar as that was all Asian, but you never thought Chinese or Japanese. A all black story can work but it has to make since in the world you build.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Mainly I don't want to write characters of other races and do that bullshyt where the Native American is named Thunderbird and the Asian dude is a ninja.. nahmean? Same thing we complain about when they write Black characters.

There's all Asian fictional worlds. And all white ones. Hopefully it'd just be ill enough for people to peek over the fence.

I getchu breh I elaborated in the previous reply to the other breh.

Salute to foresight and not being stereotypical. Interested in seeing the word once you get it up and running.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
“Thanks to the script, also by Alonge Hawes, the series explores themes of fidelity, trust, and betrayal. With characters facing difficult decisions that test their loyalty to each other as well as their own moral compass. It’s a testament to the writing and performances that these themes are explored in such a nuanced and compelling way.”