"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me

Damn good work bruh
yep.png

I also like that you plan to (go with/pull from) African mythology in your stories theme. It reminds me of what I mentioned in the OP...

NOTE: (My random thoughts on art)
Though I prefer original works be it theme or art style. I hate when folks give me "blackface" stuff I.E. black goku/superman/[insert whatever they grew up on here, but with black skin] type derivative works.
yawn.gif

Actually thats something I liked about the boondocks. while the art style wasn't anything different the theme was like nothing else. Like I always say when you make something specifically for your(black folks) needs the end result is something novel(we have unique needs) which is what people buy into anyway(the best ver of what they already have or something they've never seen before.)

Example:

This is most obvious in music(and comedy). African Americans couldn't afford 50+ man orchestral teams suited and booted in a theater. If they tried it, it would've been a low budget ver of something other people were already doing. Instead the entire musical corpus that comes out of the AA community not only is structured different(jazz, blues, gospel, R&B, hip hop,house, techno) but the subject matter of the majority of the songs talk specifically about AA life and times. Yet and still it's the biggest export we have(for better or worse) and towers over other musical forms world wide.

For some reason people in other sectors never learn/apply the lessons from our musicians(comedians to a lessor extent) and instead of catering to our needs there by creating something new to share(sale) in the process, they give us mostly low budget derivative versions of stuff others are already pumping millions into. Ironically enough under the guise of trying to appeal to more than "just black people".

Typically we don't have the budget for the "best version"(highest production values) of a thing ....but we kill'em on the theme or type of thing we produce.
(provided we're willing to tap into our historical/cultural continuity... and it looks like you're planning to tap into it)

I'll provide more substantive feed back on your thread it self
yep.png

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Samples. I got a litany of beattapes homie.

gpbear.bandcamp.com

Go ahead and pick whichever beats you want. My favorite tapes are the most recent one, Old Basement Beattapes, and the Suggest Theme EP.

Or we could try and work on some new sample-based, mostly lofi jazz boombap. Even though my computer's kinda fukked at the moment.
About to check you out now g. Definitely can PM and talk more. I really wanna put out a project before end of year or at least start working on one and I've always wanted to go that one rapper one producer one project route.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
About to check you out now g. Definitely can PM and talk more. I really wanna put out a project before end of year or at least start working on one and I've always wanted to go that one rapper one producer one project route.
dope. I feel ya, me too, the coli emcees never seem to want to put work on full projects tho.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me

11 pages and this is the first drawing ...damn good drawing at that. I especially like the fact that the art style doesn't look super derivative(like anime or something).

I'm going to go check out your deviant art page
yep.png

SIDENOTE:
@Barnett114 putting this thread in "6 cert 6 figure" was a terrible move.
This subject matter dealing with "creatives" has little to nothing to do with "6 cert 6 figure" but in maybe the vaguest of ways.
  • This is like dumping the root into higher learning.
  • This is like a chief cooking food and you dumping him in the grocery store to sell it.
  • This is like dumping a hobby discussion forum into a college class/technical training discussion forum ...oh, wait :patrice:
(anyway, I'll make a more detailed reply about this later though)

Last edited:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
11 pages and this is the first drawing ...damn god drawing at that. I especially like the fact that the art style doesn't look super derivative(like anime or something).

yep.png

SIDENOTE:
This subject matter dealing with "creatives" has little to nothing to do with "6 cert 6 figure" but in maybe the vaguest of ways.
  • This is like a chief cooking food and you dumping him in the grocery store to sell it.
  • This is like dumping a hobby discussion forum into a college class/technical training discussion forum ...oh, wait :patrice:

Don't have to, back to TLR

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11 pages and this is the first drawing ...damn good drawing at that. I especially like the fact that the art style doesn't look super derivative(like anime or something).

yep.png

SIDENOTE:
Thanks bro:salute: