CrazySexyCool is still ridiculous to me. TLC is oddly underappreciated.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
one of my fave albums of all time!!! copped it that year as well, greatest R&B album for me, Something Wicked was the joint and "Creep" was so classic! I wonder why no one has sampled the Creep joint, "If i was your gf" was severely underrated and "Case of the fake people" was that joint as well!! just a classic a*s album!

skillz2

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dallas Austin sucked.
These were pretty dope.

Funny, Janet's 'Janet' album was wack as fukk too. The 90 s was really bad for r&b outside of the uptown acts, bad boy stuff and some neo soul. And Kellz obvi.

EnVouge
Tony Toni Tone
Brandy
Monica
Aaliyah
Donell Jones
Groove Theory
Usher
H-Town
Intro
Zhane
Changing Faces
Montell Jordon
SWV

And on…

All put out some very memorable music.

Last edited:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Intro yes. The rest not so much. Montell sucks bad. Usher didn't really get dope until confessions....he meddled in that saccharine Babyface lane in the 90s. Zhane had 2 cuts. H town were corny. Donnell is a wannabe Stevie weak dude. Groove theory had 'tell me".

Aaliyah was dope. Dave hollister and Blackstreet were dope. But the 90s had mad shytty r&b.....TLC being one of the worst. En vogue were late 80s then got wack on later albums.

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listened to some earlier. Still a great album. TLC is somehow underappreciated. I don't necessarily mean on this site, just in general... In my eyes they are the greatest female group ever of any genre.

Innovative too. What they were doing back then nobody was doing or could recreate and do it justice. Two singers, distinct voices that played well off one another and Left Eye's loose cannon ass mixed in. :wow:

Chili had my young mind thinkin thoughts... cute af but that stomach :ohlawd:

no offense, but underappreciated? you're beyond fukking mistaken. i thought they were first, but they are actually second most selling all-female act of all time behind the spice girls. if anything they are one of the most celebrated groups of all time :wow: i swear they just be saying underappreciated to be saying it

from wikipedia, enlighten yourself on their reach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLC_(group)

Billboard magazine ranked TLC as one of the greatest musical trios.[5] Between 1992 and 2003, the band accumulated ten top ten singles, four number one singles, four multi-platinum albums, and five Grammy Awards. At the end of 1999, TLC was ranked as the seventh most successful act of the 1990s by Billboard. In 2008, the group was inducted into the All Time Hot 100 Artist Hall of Fame by the same magazine, at 56th place. That year it was also listed as the #25 R&B/hip-hop artist of the preceding 25 years.[6] According to the RIAA, TLC has sold more than 23 million albums and 6.5 million singles in the United States alone.[7] Worldwide they have sold more than 65 million records[8] and they are ranked as the second best selling female group of all time, behind the Spice Girls.[9] In 2012, TLC ranked 12th on VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music, being ranked the number one all girl group on that list.[10]

Last edited:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Intro yes. The rest not so much. Montell sucks bad. Usher didn't really get dope until confessions....he meddled in that saccharine Babyface lane in the 90s. Zhane had 2 cuts. H town were corny. Donnell is a wannabe Stevie weak dude. Groove theory had 'tell me".

Aaliyah was dope. Dave hollister and Blackstreet were dope. But the 90s had mad shytty r&b.....TLC being one of the worst. En vogue were late 80s then got wack on later albums.

I wish I could neg this post........My way was that work........I personally liked his first album BUT he was too young to be singing it. Sounded very Jodeci ish.....but I loved Think of You and Can You Get Wit.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny, Janet's 'Janet' album was wack as fukk too. The 90 s was really bad for r&b outside of the uptown acts, bad boy stuff and some neo soul. And Kellz obvi.

this dude may be a homosexual for real. and i c/s gay people, im over homophobia. but any ninja not fxing with Janet circa Janet is suspect to me. sexiest woman alive at that point. the video to IF, damn, thats a confident grown ass woman in charge of her sexuality.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
yeah, Big Mel you wildin in here, the 90's R&B had too many dope singles and albums to make a statement like that

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Left Eye was trash on the mic :scusthov:
May she rest in peace :ld:

left eye >>>> most of your favorite female rappers. you prolly think theyre all trash anyway tho.:laugh:

in fact, she got on a track with 90% of the female rap community at the time and served them all back in '95. and that was arguably the best period for female rap.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Listened to some earlier. Still a great album. TLC is somehow underappreciated. I don't necessarily mean on this site, just in general... In my eyes they are the greatest female group ever of any genre.

Innovative too. What they were doing back then nobody was doing or could recreate and do it justice. Two singers, distinct voices that played well off one another and Left Eye's loose cannon ass mixed in. :wow:

Chili had my young mind thinkin thoughts... cute af but that stomach :ohlawd:

meh @ the bolded.

a lot of what TLC was doing wasn't exactly groundbreaking seeing that they were meant to be the female BBD.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CrazySexyCool was a staple for 90s kids coming of age:ahh:

And Left-Eye(:rip::to:) could rap circles around half these clown rappers out now:yeshrug:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i've never heard the album in full nor any Aaliyah album in full and i had a girl that swore by them to the point of annoyance and that was back in like the early 00's..
i think that may have been part of the reason why i never bothered with them at all.

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I am well aware they sold millions of records back then. I am discussing the now. I don't see TLC being talked about a lot.. :manny:

i don't hear a lot of artists famous for their work in other decades necessarily being discussed in the common consciousness often, but sure :manny: