Crazy how much the price of phones and laptops have shot up in the last year

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Actually, MBPs are cheaper than they’ve ever been. You can get a 13” Retina display mbp for like $1250 new. A comparable pc laptop would cost the same, if not more (I’m talking to you Microsoft and your surfacebook :ufdup:).

And, for real, $1500 for a computer is not really that bad at all. Don’t even ask me how much my PC costs.

I have a 256gb iPhone X as well. I justify that price because I literally use my phone all day. It’s my music player, email client, text messenger, news reader, phone, etc. For as much as a use my phone, I don’t mind paying $1250. shyt’s like a nice little computer that is with me all day.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Any computer can do that. Wtf.
It’s very easy to avoid viruses on Mac. I’ve had mine for 4 years and haven’t had to install any kind of antivirus. Windows on the other hand is a different story.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It’s very easy to avoid viruses on Mac. I’ve had mine for 4 years and haven’t had to install any kind of antivirus. Windows on the other hand is a different story.
That’s a myth. Every year Macs become more and more vulnerable. As their market share increases, so do security threats. No platform is immune

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That’s a myth. Every year Macs become more and more vulnerable. As their market share increases, so do security threats. No platform is immune
I’m aware that the Mac is not immune to viruses. But, due to the market share and the nature of Unix based devices, it seems to be much less susceptible to all the random ass spyware and shyt you easily get with windows installs from the internet.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I just recently upgraded my phone. First phone I'm paying for (others I got for "free" by going on a contract), and I did the calculations: With the taxes I'll be paying about $100-150 more than the "retail price," and that's not including the "activation fee" you pay the day you get the phone. :francis:

Last edited:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Some people like to hoard content on their phone, you can also put in a 512 SD card and make it a terabyte.
I remember when they brought out 64mb mp3 players that used AA batteries. You were a don if you had that back in them days. Now people about to be walking around with 1tb phones :gucci:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I just bought an older Thinkpad for like $250. Works great.

Phone's in the mid range a great too unless you need an amazing camera and glass for some reason.

You don't have to spend it if you look around.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
People need to let one of these major releases flop so that companies try to be more "competitive" with pricing. When $1K flagships sell out that becomes the new baseline. People are dumb
The 1k flagship did flop.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I got a used macbook pro 2015 with 3 years warranty

I used to buy nexus phones now I just buy whatever cheap android.

I'm not and never have been into spending retail even though I like nice things.