Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy PS4/Switch/PC/XB1

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was talking about when they revealed FFVII Remake. Another game people have been pretending is a PS4 exclusive
I clearly remember that game being announced as "First on PS4" right there. Nobody was "acting" like it was exclusive. If they were, that's on them. The shyt was clearly announced as first on PS4.

It even said it in big words in the end of the trailer

The above didn't happen with Crash. So how was it the same?

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I clearly remember that game being announced as "First on PS4" right there.

The entire first page of this thread is people talking about Sony this and PS4 this. The assumption throughout the thread was that it was a PS4 exclusive, which is wrong.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The entire first page of this thread is people talking about Sony this and PS4 this. The assumption throughout the thread was that it was a PS4 exclusive, which is wrong.
:gucci:
The entire first page is people talking about PS4 because... it was announced FOR PS4. You acting like the thread title says "exclusive".

Why would anyone be talking about PC or Xbox for a game that was announced for PS4, for a trilogy of games that were never released on another platform?? You don't have to tell me that Crash bandicoot had other games on later platforms, I know this already.

I'm seriously not understanding your beef here. You're creating some argument/narrative that's not mines and trying to "prove" me wrong about.

It's like me going into a Switch thread and calling out anyone who's going :banderas: over SMT 5's announcement and badgering them because they got the image of it for the Switch.(because past SMT games were on PS).

Same thing with Nier. That game was announced as a PS4 exclusive, it even had the exclusive PS4 seal in the PS4 exclusives video. Nioh says console exclusive even though it's only on PS4 right now. You're acting completely oblivious to this fact. What, you want the thread title for all games to have a Tentative platform note on the side because you don't want people to be making assumptions?? The fukk? U acting like a a$$hole about this shyt.

Take that shyt up with Sony, not me. :dahell:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm hearing Gamestop/Best Buy kiosks has this installed:

Just got word from a friend that he was able to play N. Sane Trilogy on the PS4 kiosk at GameStop. Seems like the demo was pushed out in the kiosk updates this week. I heard about it earlier via an instagram post of an employee but wanted to verify it was going out wide before I posted this.

Have also heard conflicting reports that it's at Best Buy too, but I imagine anywhere the kiosks are updated via connection you can play it.

He also beat the Brio bonus in Heavy Machinery.

C9VMsNxWAAIHhnL.jpg
N. Sane Crash 1 is the definitive version of Crash 1. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shyt so he doesn't feel as much like a fukking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium. The Brio bonus is a good example. Never once was the fukking up on my part anything but my fault.

Crash 1 has been made to feel more like Crash 2, NOT the other way around like SomeCallMeJohnny and Caddicarus and people were saying. The Crash 1 controls feel JUST as correct on analog as they do on D-Pad. Better, even. D-Pad is great for 'precision' though.

Crash 2 N. Sane feels lighter than Crash 1 N.Sane. They are similar, but in no way do they feel exactly the same as the aforementioned YouTubers expressed. I question when the last time they actually played the original games was. For me it was a week ago so I have a great frame of reference. There's a clear difference. Crash is faster and snappier to control in N.Sane 2 than in N.Sane 1. The slide jump is spot on and feels great. Even the spin slide jump technique popular for skips in speedruns is in the game and does jump higher and farther than a regular slide jump -- though that's where the biggest difference lies -- it's not QUITE as high and the window to make it happen (the timing of the button presses) is slightly narrowed to make abusing it harder, but it's perfectly usable as an actual move the same way it is in Crash 2.

It FEELS like Crash 2 with some modernization. Crash 1 and 2 definitely have "feelable" differences though.

The graphics in person are not done justice by trailers and captures. The saturation and color is phenomenally done. The HUD and menus are fantastic and animated. The startup screen and stuff is simple but good.

The difficulty is retained, especially in Crash 1. It has not been softened up at all, but the controls are BETTER so you can get used to it a bit quicker and if you have played Crash before, when you pick this up you feel right at home, just... better. There's no real adjustment period. Crash 1 feels like so much better than OG Crash 1. It feels more like you're skilled and chaining the jumps and obstacles together in a much more satisfying manner than OG Crash 1 where you feel like you're getting lucky sometimes.

Overall, this is the best Crash since the originals. Like the way it plays, looks, sounds. It's top shelf shyt. Because it IS the originals, just... better. I keep saying that, but in terms of the little things, ESPECIALLY Crash 1 vastly surpasses the OG Crash 1. Crash 2 is on par with OG Crash 2 and is better in places, but suffered from one big glitch that I am sure will be fixed -- that being that for some reason it seems like you can trap Crash in a state where the circle/R1 button does nothing. You can't slide, body slam, etc. You can only crouch while standing still if you REALLY hold it down hard. I am 99% sure that it's because they forgot to reset Crash's "can slide" variable when he exits the slide or slam states onto the Jetboard. Simple fix, if I'm right.

Just a fantastically made game.

Waiting I cannot :noah:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I don't get the fascination with old mediocre titles. Crash thought he was on Mario and Sonic's level.. Sony heads was like "Crash is our mascot"

Then Sony was like :patrice:

So much for new ip's or variety...

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I don't get the fascination with old mediocre titles. Crash thought he was on Mario and Sonic's level.. Sony heads was like "Crash is our mascot"

Then Sony was like :patrice:

So much for new ip's or variety...

Crash isn't as good as classic Sonic but it shyts on overrated as fukk Mario :gucci:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I mean the graphics are better but they lose some of the charm in my opinion.

Plus theres some stuff that just looks legit worse on PS4.

example, I timestamped to 1:03 seconds here

The green moss on the log on the ps1 version looks good, on PS4 looks like a MS Paint diarrhea stain

PS4 version of this stage makes it look artificial as hell (all the objects in the stage look like toys...look at the logs) whereas the ps1 version the level actually feels like a jungle stage.

Last edited: