Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy PS4/Switch/PC/XB1

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First of all, I've played it. Smooth, locked 30, with great motion blur. The game doesn't suffer anything.

For those of you who are for whatever personal reason put off by this, let me tell you what else the game offers:
  • Unified save system. All three games feature an improved save system that has not only the regular classic Crash saving, but an autosave slot (which can be disabled for 'hardcore players'). The first game's awful 'only in certain levels and only if you complete the difficult bonus rounds' shtick is gone.
  • Unified checkpoint system. Checkpoints didn't use to save your crates in Crash 1, meaning you had to complete levels in one life to 100% the game. This is gone. To even it out and keep Crash 1 tough as nails, you're now required to complete all the bonus rounds, including the secret and notoriously difficult Brio and Cortex bonus rounds. However, bonus rounds are now replayable.
  • Crash 1's pretty terrible physics, which were completely different from 2/Warped, are a thing of the past and the gameplay is incredibly improved in N.Sane Trilogy compared to the original Crash 1.
  • New cutscenes flesh out the boss characters and give them a more apparent personality.
  • Entirely new voice acting and remade sound effects. A lot of the voice acting in Crash 1-3 was, while honestly fine, low quality even for the time. Not in terms of performance, but in terms of actual quality.
  • Time Trial mode has been expanded from just Warped into all three games.
  • For those who give a shyt: Three separate platinum trophies.
  • Other new features TBA according to dev interviews.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
At first when I saw 30fps, I didn't mind because that's what the originals ran at and I felt they were just trying to replicate the originals as much as possible but if they're going around fixing physics engines, then they're willing to change the experience for the better. Inexcusable for this to be 30fps, even on the pro.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played the demo today at Best Buy. :ohlawd:

Crash 1 plays much smoother than the OG. The OG felt a bit floaty but this one feels tweaked right enough. Looked really good too.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I wasn't gonna get this day 1 but 29.99 for day 1 was too good to pass up. Especially when you consider that's Canadian pricing.

E3 deals :banderas:

Also got god of war,Detroit,days gone,spider man,red dead,call of duty,battlefront,destiny 2,kingdom Hearts 3,death stranding and super mario odyssey for 40% off :banderas:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DB6k_i9W0AEtNOR.jpg:large

:lupe:

New game?

Skylanders bs?

Crash Team Racing Remake with online?

The trash crash games remaster?

Find out on the next episode of *stop*

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crash Nitro Kart and Tag Team Racing on the PS2 :banderas:
They added Coco as a playable character and the trophies hint heavily at Crash Team Racing :banderas:.
Nice as Coco wasn't in Crash 1 and 2 and was only playable in 3's tiger levels.

DB63g0lXgAINkWL.jpg

Defeat 5 enemies with Coco's spin.

Boom Shakalaka!
Defeat 5 enemies with Coco's Double Leg Drop.

https://www.exophase.com/game/crash-...-psn/trophies/

Category Five
Defeat 5 enemies with Coco's Savage Hurricane Spin.

Man they really underselling themselves calling this a "remaster".

Crash Team Racing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario Kart 64.
vzzhfsdcbd2c.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So a guy on YouTube posted footage from a visit to Activision -- it's of an obviously old build (trophy graphics are wrong, sound effects are missing in places, textures are missing, etc) but it shows new stuff.

Not the least of which is it shows a Crash/Coco character switcher on the HUD in the Map/Warp Rooms, and it ALSO SHOWS that there are NEW SPOTS ON THE CRASH 1 MAP that offshoot from the main game.

DB_WDdtW0AUkqIa.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yno...youtu.be&t=199

(Timestamped to the gameplay)
:banderas: These dudes added new/lost levels? :ohlawd:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Crash 1 plays much smoother than the OG. The OG felt a bit floaty but this one feels tweaked right enough. Looked really good too.
But it's only 30fps on the pro and its not even a launch title :wow:

*takes photo of lardass being hypocrite*

I'll see you in a Scorpio thread :ufdup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Activision went beyond the Call of Duty with this game no pun intended.

It could've been a simple up rezzed remaster for $40 a game on PSN *cough* capcom *cough* and instead these guys remade the entire graphics to look up to date, added Coco to all three games with her own look/animations and I believe I heard there are a few missing levels added in it that didn't make it to the games in the OG release.

They also said CTR is likely depending on how this game does.

*buys 10 copies*

Coco Bandicoot B-roll gameplay

:ohlawd:

Gonna platinum this baby!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ars: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy was rebuilt nearly from scratch
"Almost everything was missing," Vicarious [Visions] designer Dan Tanguay said to Ars in an interview. By "everything," he means all of the Crash games' source code and reference materials.

"The original engine was specifically built for PlayStation 1," Tanguay said. "Naughty Dog pushed [the PS1] to the limits. They made a fantastic engine for doing that. That engine didn't see the light of day beyond PlayStation 1, as far as I know, and it certainly wasn't usable by us. Any code, anything like that, we didn't have access to."

Thankfully for Vicarious, the team did uncover a crucial data set: all three games' 3D meshes, provided by both Sony and Naughty Dog as a series of hard drives. ("They were compressed in some wacky format that we had to decode," Tanguay pointed out.) Meshes don't make an entire game, of course—far from it. Data on the original games' animations, characters, artificial intelligence, control timing, textures, and even a lot of the music was gone (though Tanguay confirms some musical data was recovered to help the team lock into songs' timing and MIDI instrumentation layers).

The rest, Vicarious producer Kara Massie said, came down to eyeballing and video comparisons. Crash remaster prototypes would run alongside video footage of the original games to confirm timings.