Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy PS4/Switch/PC/XB1

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They don't seem to understand what they're talking about here. A remake is to make something again not using the original assets. A remaster is to take the original assets and enhance them.

This is a remake they're calling a remaster.

To me, remaster = essentially the same game with a graphical upgrade with possibly some gameplay tweaks, whether they're using original assets or not.
Examples from back in the day would be Super Mario All-Stars and Mega Man Wily Wars, which were basically exactly the same games as the originals in terms of gameplay but with all new graphical assets.
Remake is a game using the same story/setting as the original but with very different gameplay mechanics. Super Castlevania IV would be an example. A retelling of the first game but with drastically different mechanics (whip in 8 directions, way more fluid controls, ability to control jump in mid-air etc.)

From what they're saying and what we've seen, the game is basically only a graphical upgrade. It will play almost exactly the same as the original games. Might be some slight tweaks here and there but don't expect any new mechanics

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Pretty sure Sony still owned the rights to the first 3 games but Activision owned the rights to the character.

I remember it being some weird shyt like that.:patrice:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does the title say PS4? This 100% going to be multi plat.

100% based on what breh?

EVERY source I've found says its PS4 only.

About to throw you a neg (which I dont do often) for talking out your ass. If you say something is 100% going to happen, back it up.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was only announced as a PS4 title at E3. There are no mention of other platforms. it may come to other platforms but right now it hasn't been announced/hinted at. The only reason being is that the first 3 Crash games, Sony had licenses for them to be published by them.

"Alongside Crash’s role in Skylanders Imaginators, today, it was also announced today that next year, we plan to launch a remastered collection of the first three Crash Bandicoot games—Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped —for PlayStation 4."

Source: blog.activision.com/t5/Skylanders/Crash-Bandicoot-Returns-in-Skylanders-Imaginators-and-Remastered/ba-p/9951160

Breh why would Activision NOT release this multi-plat? You think Activision are out here doing favours for Sony? Hell no, they care about the money.

Unless Sony bought exclusivity rights for the game - and nowhere has anybody said this - its going to be multi-plat. Same situation as Nier. You are setting yourself up for a fall breh.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh why would Activision NOT release this multi-plat? You think Activision are out here doing favours for Sony? Hell no, they care about the money.

Unless Sony bought exclusivity rights for the game - and nowhere has anybody said this - its going to be multi-plat. Same situation as Nier. You are setting yourself up for a fall breh.
Yo why are you so bothered about it it's only announced for PS4 right now if it's announced for another platform later so be it. Not sure why you're making it seem like I'm in some sort of bet or something.:gucci: you're literally trying to argue about something I'm not thinking about

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo why are you so bothered about it it's only announced for PS4 right now if it's announced for another platform later so be it. Not sure why you're making it seem like I'm in some sort of bet or something.:gucci: you're literally trying to argue about something I'm not thinking about

Breh you know damn well you'll be angry as fukk if (when) this becomes multi-plat.

I'm guessing 6 months then all platforms. Would be cool if it was only PS4 though.

Anyway getting copped, and we better get CTR after.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh you know damn well you'll be angry as fukk if (when) this becomes multi-plat.

I'm guessing 6 months then all platforms. Would be cool if it was only PS4 though.

Anyway getting copped, and we better get CTR after.
:gucci:
Breh, please don't project your stanning nonsense on me. The game was announced for PS4.

Therefore the PS4 is going to be in the thread title until further notice. Not sure what's so complicated about this. You acting like the game in question is Call of Duty or something.

I'm happy this thing is coming and you on some fanboy shyt. stop it slime

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Day afta my birfday :wow:

The remastered trilogy features new lighting, animations, cinematics enhanced for 4K and the PS4 Pro and a fully-remastered soundtrack. It also will have full analog stick support and new unified save and checkpoint systems.

Vicarious Visions, which is handling the work of updating the classic, also improved the game’s bonus levels and time trials and recreated the intro cinematic with updated graphics and sound.

The game, which sells for $39.99, will be available on both the PS4 and PS4 Pro.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Seems so far away. I also wish it was $30 instead of $40 but I'm still copping