Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

zxh9u2E.gif

I'm blown away this looks far better than i imagined. :wow:

Im gonna need that gif with NEG written in red on each box.
Who can make it happen? :jbhmm:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

But we don’t consider this a remake. We know how much you all love the original games, so we didn’t want to fully remake them. The N. Sane Trilogy is a remaster plus.

They don't seem to understand what they're talking about here. A remake is to make something again not using the original assets. A remaster is to take the original assets and enhance them.

This is a remake they're calling a remaster.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They don't seem to understand what they're talking about here. A remake is to make something again not using the original assets. A remaster is to take the original assets and enhance them.

This is a remake they're calling a remaster.
Ok?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Crash was :scust: Couldn't bring myself to invest in the series after playing the 1st. Now Jak & Daxter was :ahh: ...believe it or not J&D = my favorite franchise on PS2:ehh:

Cousin said crash team racing was actually dope(up there with Mario kart):ehh: ...and he's a big Nintendo guy so for him to say that :hubie:

:jbhmm:
That said, from a design standpoint they made great use of all directions to give the gameplay variety; Scenarios have you moving vertical, horizontal, toward, and away from the screen.​

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:sas2: @Fatboi1 come sip this ether breh.
@MeachTheMonster stand behind me whilst pointing your finger and laughing at this guy.

Crash Bandicoot Producer Says N. Sane Trilogy Looks ‘Same Old’; Franchise Should’ve Moved Forward

Crash-Bandicoot-N.-Sane-Trilogy-1024x576.jpg

The producer of the original Crash Bandicoot game has criticised Activision’s upcoming remastered trilogy as being a “Frankenstein-ian” project, saying the franchise should have instead looked to “enthral” players with new and innovative ideas.

In a sit-down chat with Power Up Gaming, Crash developer David Siller shared his thoughts on the Vicarious Visions-developed N. Sane Trilogy, which was shown off for the first time at last weekend’s PlayStation Experience 2016 in Anaheim, California.

Siller hit the headlines last year when he claimed he had been “black-balled” by Naughty Dog and original Crash publisher Universal Interactive Studios, with his contributions to the series being “totally forgotten about”.

The re-mastered game looks great no doubt. Vicarious Visions is doing a great job as well. I don’t know how it plays but if it isn’t an obvious improvement then that would be a disappointment. After twenty years there are ways to improve what was already there and instil an even better feel to complement the looks. This was no easy task and I give them credit for giving it a shot in the first place, but then what developer wouldn’t take this on as I am sure the money and potential upside was worth it.

There are a million ideas as to what form this should have taken, and Vicarious Visions is implementing some of those fan requests, but that too is quite risky. Never let the audience make the game for you! Surprise and enlighten them instead.

Was this project even a good idea, I am not sure that it was. I would have (Activision/Sony) built an amazing all new “next generation” Crash Bandicoot game that would amaze and enthral everyone from then to now, meaning new customers and the fanatic old ones as well.

Innovate and blow some minds! There is so much more that could have been offered now or even during the earlier generation of consoles. There wasn’t a Crash Bandicoot game for the PS3 now was there?

An all-new Crash Bandicoot game for PS4 should be starring Crash’s own kid and his kid’s crew. He could flashback and even tell stories of what his dad told him about “back in ‘da day”, while blazing a new trail including great new features and abilities including “techno-gadgets” that are awesome! Maybe this is actually Coco’s child but indeed the franchise could have and should now move into the future.

When I look at the new remastered game, I say “WHY”? This should be new and clever and introduce so much more gameplay techniques and interesting new story plot twists that are missing from the new remastered product (I assume). It looks like the “same ole – same ole” with just a new spiffy suit or coat of paint. They will especially sell this to everyone that already has it and a few more sure. Old is new again, just look at the Mini NES!

As a game designer, creator and producer I would have taken the course of something new and dynamic that begs to be born, over rehashed games. Show the world what new can do! If this franchise deserves to live then pump life into it, not a Frankenstein-ian effort. Why could this have not been offered on the PS3?

When asked what is your favorite film work, Hitchcock would answer “My next one”!
Crash Bandicoot Producer Says N. Sane Trilogy Looks ‘Same Old’; Franchise Should’ve Moved Forward | Power Up Gaming

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I can see the pluses and minuses of remasters

On one hand it introduces new gamers to franchises they never played.
and others to franchises they may have missed out on from a previous gen
also let's cats replay classics in better resolutions and framerates

On the other side,
i can see it being a cash grab, but you don't have to buy it either.
Also shows the lack of originality of these studios nowadays (At least the major publisher studios who continue to push the same shyt).

There's a reason why indies are sprouting up all over. Major publishers aren't original no more

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I can see the pluses and minuses of remasters

On one hand it introduces new gamers to franchises they never played.
and others to franchises they may have missed out on from a previous gen
also let's cats replay classics in better resolutions and framerates

On the other side,
i can see it being a cash grab, but you don't have to buy it either.
Also shows the lack of originality of these studios nowadays (At least the major publisher studios who continue to push the same shyt).

There's a reason why indies are sprouting up all over. Major publishers aren't original no more
Yes. I agree. Naughty Dog has certainly shown a lack of originality.
Fantastic post.
Dap, Repped, and Nominated for Mod. :SNAKESALUTE: