Craig Carton of WFAN gets arrested in $5.6 Million dollar ticket fraud scheme

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Supposedly Sid went on with Imus and did a skit mocking Carton and Francesa, which pissed off some of the wfan suits. So much for him joining the station again. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: found it

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I don't see Carton living more than 5 more years.They're going to kill him to prevent him from snitching,or,they're going to kill him after he snitches.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Supposedly Sid went on with Imus and did a skit mocking Carton and Francesa, which pissed off some of the wfan suits. So much for him joining the station again. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: found it

He was never getting that call anyway :mjlol:

I think they'll just rock out with a bunch of different co-hosts for the football season. Wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately just re-brand it ' the Boomer show'.

• Dap

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

I think they'll just rock out with a bunch of different co-hosts for the football season. Wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately just re-brand it ' the Boomer show'.

I do think it was a reach to see Sid back at FAN, but a few people were at least discussing him as an option.

I can see them doing something just for football but I can't see Boomer being the face of a show. His knowledge on other sports is suspect, and even during football season, in NYC, you're gonna HAVE to talk some baseball, especially with the Yanks probably going to the playoffs.

• Dap

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sid's burned them one too many times I think. I think he does fill in/holiday spots at WFAN still, but I don't think they trust him to give him a full time show anymore

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... He could be doing well now but he's too unpredictable to rely on... I've caught him a couple times filling in over the holidays/summer of Mike, usually with Benigno.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
They need to promote JJ

I wouldn't mind hearing JJ and Moose in the morning

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY

Boomer getting his own show would be boring as fukk. I haven't listened to them in a couple of years but when I did, if it was just boomer it was a snooze fest

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boomer getting his own show would be boring as fukk. I haven't listened to them in a couple of years but when I did, if it was just boomer it was a snooze fest

Norman is only valuable during football season. No real insight during any other season with the exception of hockey. Really showed his :mjpls:tendencies.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Wonder if WFAN would make the call for Brandon Tierney

If Brandon Marshall was retired he would've replaced him imo. Him and Boomer would be interesting

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I do think it was a reach to see Sid back at FAN, but a few people were at least discussing him as an option.

I can see them doing something just for football but I can't see Boomer being the face of a show. His knowledge on other sports is suspect, and even during football season, in NYC, you're gonna HAVE to talk some baseball, especially with the Yanks probably going to the playoffs.
Carton didn't add any knowledge of other sports that was missing. He was there to be a poverty Stern, trash the Knicks and Jets, and troll Mets/Giants fans with his Yankees love/Eli hate.

Chris Carlin is probably the perfect guy to assume that role, but he said he has no plans of leaving Philly radio anytime soon.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Carton didn't add any knowledge of other sports that was missing. He was there to be a poverty Stern, trash the Knicks and Jets, and troll Mets/Giants fans with his Yankees love/Eli hate.

Chris Carlin is probably the perfect guy to assume that role, but he said he has no plans of leaving Philly radio anytime soon.

"Poverty Stern" is the absolute best way to describe Carton. All his schtick was just trolling the fanbases.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, they obviously did numbers with the setup, but you've gotta have the right person. Do they go back straight sports or since it's the morning they do what they had before, which was basically a mix of sports/morning zoo type show.