COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Hospitals/Doctors go off the recommendations of WHO..Im a ED RN, I just worked 6 days in a row. Everyday there was new information about how to go about this covid shyt.

Yes a lot of new information, but as of now the PPE we are requiring for our hospital staff is droplet precaution. In layman's terms, they are saying a person who is positive for covid-19 febrile or asymptomatic can sit right next to you and not pass it to you as long as their are not coughing and sneezing.

What I see happening(but could change) is once we get a grip on how many people have it, and if they are staying home getting better. A lot of bans will be lifted slowly. Which is why the president is talking about this 15 day stuff. People talking about this 6-12 months stuff of lockdown would be ideal but it will cripple america forever and he's a business man first..

Another thing is in Texas, Gov. Abbott has signed and put into a order an ER mandated order for nurses who are still in nursing school(last year) to immediately join the work force as RN even though they have not sat for the boards because of the shortage. Most are going to either be put into med surg or ER triage to question/screen patients...

Again the biggest problem is EVERYONE is flooding ER's across America. It's insane...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I read somewhere those drugs mentally fukked up alot of solders before they fully understood the side effects

Every drug has side affects

I took anti malaria pills when I went to Nigeria and I had no appetite and a bitter taste in my mouth for two weeks

---

Superstar
Daps
Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Japan is starting to accept the coronavirus has crushed its Olympic dreams

After weeks of insisting that the 2020 Tokyo Olympics will go on planned even as the global coronavirus pandemic continued to spread at an alarming rate, Japan today finally acknowledged what many had already long accepted: July’s games will have to be postponed.

Addressing parliament today, prime minister Shinzo Abe said that if the games cannot be held in “a complete form”—with spectators in the stands, for example—”we have to decide to postpone them, giving top priority to [the health of the] athletes.” He added that cancellation is not an option.

Abe’s remarks came shortly before Canada announced that they would not be sending athletes to Tokyo this summer due to the risks posed by Covid-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. “This is not solely about athlete health – it is about public health,” the committee said in a statement, explaining that it was not safe for the athletes, their families, and the broader Canadian community to continue training towards the games. “In fact, it runs counter to the public health advice which we urge all Canadians to follow.”

In a statement today, the Australian Olympic Committee also told its athletes to prepare for the games to be delayed until 2021, noting that the Australian team “could not be assembled in the changing circumstances at home and abroad.”

Pressure mounted over the weekend on Olympics organizers, as more national teams joined calls for the games to be pushed back. In a letter on Friday (Mar. 20)—the same day that the Olympic torch arrived in Japan— USA Swimming urged the country’s Olympics committee to advocate for a delay, and USA Track and Field quickly followed with a similar statement. Slovenia has also called for the games to be postponed, as have Norway and Brazil. Meanwhile, German former world champion fencer Max Hartung, who leads his country’s Olympic committee’s athletes’ commission, said on Saturday (Mar. 21) that he would boycott the Tokyo Olympics for the safety of other athletes.

In an emergency meeting yesterday, the International Olympic Committee said it is starting discussions on a possible postponement of this summer’s games, and set a deadline for a final decision within four weeks. The committee said it would look at “different scenarios,” but that an outright cancellation was not on the cards. It marks a sharp U-turn from just a few days ago when the IOC dismissed the need for “drastic decisions” and said there were no plans to postpone the games.

Abe is delusional to think those games are going to happen.

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Why would idiots get in line like that to get tested? Unless you can't breathe you should just assume you have it and stay home and let the virus run its course. Getting in a line like that with a bunch of people who are bound to have means you are more likely to catch it there for sure. It's not like the hospital has a cure or anything so no reason to go unless your symptoms are very serious.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Because the point of all of this isn't to stop people from getting it, it was to slow it down to not overwhelm our infrastructure. I think they've conceded 70-80% WILL get this. Any vaccine is also too far out. Once we get to the middle of April a call will have to be made.
When you say 70-80% will get this, how do you put yourself in a positon to be part of the 20-30% that dont get it?