COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
All y’all talk about is bad news and dismiss all good news

Not one good thing has come from this conversation

Thread has ran its course

How has this thread run its course when politicians are saying this may last up to 2 years? They dont have any monetary incentive to tank the economy and close businesses schools and sports. People actually plugged in are losing major $$$ because...?

We just getting started

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
again, you haven't figured out that i'm posting evidence that doctors can/have improperly prescribed anti-biotics for URIs.

have a good day.

And we both know they shouldn't, and you also have no way of quantifying that it even happens often. Doctors make mistakes, we all know that, but I'd bet people are prescribed the correct medicine exponentially more times than they are not. But I guess it was a coincidence all the people you knew incorrectly got prescribed.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
A coworker showed up to my job with all the patented symptoms down to the respiratory difficulties, and feels he has it...openly expressed it..but couldn't get approved for testing by the hotline...so im assuming hes ineligible for that new sick leave stuff if it hasn't been officially confirmed??

Lol general manager was in the room while this was being disclosed...pretty much was like:manny:...and started talkin about the mortality of the flu yadda yadda tryna calm us...and when you get into the dynamics of our position (we enter 20 to 40 businesses and or residences a day...non essential btw)) its even more ridiculous...i was more worried about my health through that alone...combine that with a coworker seemingly having it and an essential non response by the company (gloves..cleaning products...pep talk) i took an indefinite hiatus...idk how this will end up, but thank god i can afford it

They still have newspaper deliveries? :ohhh:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
And we both know they shouldn't, and you also have no way of quantifying that it even happens often. Doctors make mistakes, we all know that, but I'd bet people are prescribed the correct medicine exponentially more times than they are not. But I guess it was a coincidence all the people you knew incorrectly got prescribed.
:wow:

have a nice day breh:pachaha:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
All y’all talk about is bad news and dismiss all good news

Not one good thing has come from this conversation

Thread has ran its course

Good News

:ufdup:
UK PM Boris Johnson said in his Downing Street crisis briefing today that the UK is close to having an antibody / immunity test for Covid19.

Timestamped 25m16s

This report as well.

A “game-changing” coronavirus test that can identify people who have been infected and consequently now have immunity even if they showed no symptoms is close to being developed, Boris Johnson has said.

Such an antibody test would enable frontline NHS staff to work safe in the knowledge that they could not be infected and allow people to return to normality even as the rest of the country remained in lockdown. It would also mean that scientists could discover one of the key variables crucial to understanding and combating the disease —

We’re close to test that reveals who’s immune to coronavirus, says Boris Johnson | News | The Times

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:wow:

have a nice day breh:pachaha:

you do realize every single one of those could be bacterial right. Oce specifically states that it is. But go ahead and search more random tweets from people who have no real idea what they are talking about, like you. :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Totally agree there's no way to quantify how often it happens, and while I will see providers make mistakes, most, if not all, know that antibiotics (for bacteria) aren't designed for viral infections but the placebo effect is real for some patients. People (patients and providers alike) sometimes feel more comfortable "doing something" meaning prescibing/taking a pill, even if unnecessary, instead of telling people to go home with just reassurance that things will just take time to improve on their own. Making things worse is you have places that allow patient demands to dictate the care they provide, so instead of recommending rest and supportive care, people end up getting a "Z-pack and a steroid shot" to make people happy and feel like something is being done while from the provider standpoint being something they can bill for. It's screwed all the way around. I See it all the time and then people end up wondering why they aren't getting better with antibiotics that aren't going to work anyway.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was a smoker

she gave a heart felt warning to people who used cigarettes to not smoke cuz if you get this shyt you gonna need your lungs to be as healthy as possible, I don’t think we can use that to assume she was a smoker. The chick was relatively healthy

But he said she could have contracted the virus from going to the gym, adding: ‘She’s out of intensive care now and is making good progress. We just want her back at home.’