COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I think China found their preferred weapon of war......

All it takes in the United States is a random coming in and passing around a contagious virus. The U.S. is slow to shut down everything. Now they know. They can cause flare ups whenever they feel like it with a single person, and it will take months to get it under control if done right......

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
I think China found their preferred weapon of war......

All it takes in the United States is a random coming in and passing around a contagious virus. The U.S. is slow to shut down everything. Now they know. They can cause flare ups whenever they feel like it with a single person, and it will take months to get it under control if done right......
America really getting exposed right now

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My mom's assistant was in contact with someone who tested positive. Assistant informed people but she's not getting tested. My pops tells me ahead of time and told me he's self-quarantining. Then in our text chat, he ends up telling my brother and sister. Sister starts freaking out because apparently she hugged my mom's assistant last week. Now she's texting us saying she has the chills, scratchy throat and feels a weight on her chest. My mom thinks it's all in her head but given the fact that my sister lives in NYC I think it's highly likely she has it. Now she's trying to figure out how to get tested.

My mom is pissed because she feels like my pops shouldn't have said anything until they knew for sure if her assistant had it. My pops' rational is that it was the responsible thing to let everyone know. Anyway my sister has anxiety so I called her just telling her to keep calm and that it wasn't a death sentence or anything. But I'm hoping she can at least get tested.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
There, city officials ordered residents to remain in place at their homes except for essential activities, essential business, and essential government functions, including:
  • Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, such as obtaining medicine or seeing a doctor.
  • Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, such as getting food and supplies, pet food and supplies necessary for staying at home.
  • Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running provided that they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing.
  • Caring for a family member in another household.
  • Caring for elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or other vulnerable persons.
The shelter-in-place order also does not apply to those going to work in an essential business or essential government function. That includes:
  • Health care operations, including home health workers.
  • Essential Infrastructure, including construction of housing and operation of public transportation and utilities.
  • Grocery stores, farmers' markets, food banks, convenience stores.
  • Businesses that provide necessities of life for economically disadvantaged individuals and shelter facilities.
  • Pharmacies, health care supply stores and health care facilities.
  • Gas stations and auto repair facilities.
  • Banks.
  • Garbage collection.
  • Hardware stores, plumbers, electricians and other service providers necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operation of residences and other essential businesses.
  • Educational institutions, for the purposes of facilitating distance learning.
  • Laundromats, dry cleaners and laundry service providers.
  • Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food and goods directly to residences.
  • Child care facilities providing services that enable essential employees to go to work.
  • Roles required for any essential business to "maintain basic operations," which include security, payroll and similar activities.

Shelter in place: What is and isn't allowed - CNN

An article about what's allowed in a situation like SF, It's not the end of the world

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Any way you cut it, it looks like at least 1 million folks are going to die from this unfortunately.

Never thought I would see something so dire in my lifetime. Our lives will never be the same. This country doesn’t have the infrastructure or discipline to stall this thing out. I have a feeling this is gonna run through the whole year. Hope I’m wrong, but our trajectory is scary.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I still think meaningful projections are impossible. A week after the shutdown daily cases in Italy have stopped increasing (they have about 3,500 new cases a day for four straight days now) and daily deaths have stopped increasing (they've had 350 deaths/day for three straight days). That ain't "good", the new cases and new deaths aren't going down yet, but at least they've stopped increasing exponentially. Hopefully that's good evidence that social distancing that flatten the curve, which will substantially reduce casualties.

I still have some hope that, if the social distancing works and the coronavirus follows the "flu season" and starts dying out soon, we can keep it to around 20,000-100,000 global casualties for this season. No way to predict right now what will happen next year though.

For those who are saying, "But only 8,000 people have died!", these are the scary graphs:

Coronavirus Update (Live): 198,602 Cases and 7,988 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

iV3YKG2.jpg

When do y'all think those lines are gonna turn back?