eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And how did that end?

naaaww we past the point of SARS and this is different from Swine flu

sars we were able to use NPIs and stamp it out. Basically all the cities it went to, we traced the epidemiological links back to patient zero.. rounded up all of those who were exposed and stopped it from spreading in the community. There hasn’t been a case of SARS since 2004.

swine flu is endemic now (spread in the community) but it’s just a strain of the flu. Even during its outbreak in 2009 it wasn’t too deadly.

US Swine flu stats from 2009

60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths

12 deaths on 60 mil cases. Sars cov 2 has already killed 4K off of just 110k cases worldwide, we cannot afford to see what 60 mil US cases would look like.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, my boss just gave me a heads up that we may be working from home tomorrow. Told me not to tell anyone at the job until the official memo goes out.
That’s wsup, I work from home most Tuesdays and sometimes Thursday, my job need to let us transition to at least 3 days immediately then completely once we get another cluster of cases in my state smh

Buh... Buh... China hiding their tests!

The US is becoming a laughing stock in this And with China, I read an article that said, once they did aggressive testing after the initial explosion, there actually weren’t a ton of people that went undiagnosed. Maybe they weren’t lying as much as we assumed

There aren’t many asymptomatic cases.
Testing of 320,000 samples suggests that the known cases are not just the tip of an iceberg. “What we’re seeing is a pyramid: Most of it is above ground,” Dr. Aylward said.
China’s Battle Against Coronavirus: 7 Takeaways

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That’s wsup, I work from home most Tuesdays and sometimes Thursday, my job need to let us transition to at least 3 days immediately then completely once we get another cluster of cases in my state smh

The US is becoming a laughing stock in this And with China, I read an article that said, once they did aggressive testing after the initial explosion, there actually weren’t a ton of people that went undiagnosed. Maybe they weren’t lying as much as we assumed

China’s Battle Against Coronavirus: 7 Takeaways
Yep people like me were shytting on China but and yet they(and South Korea) are fixing the problem better than anyone else.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah it’s some new shyt. Man made imo. Since it’s new it has everybody tripping. Some time in the future it’ll prolly be just another virus to go along with the ones we got

I can get with that. Glad it's target group isn't affected by it and their plans are backfiring.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/coron...-farther-than-previously-thought-study-finds/

The coronavirus may be able to linger in the air for at least half an hour, last for days on some surfaces, and travel almost 15 feet, a new study has found.

The scientists based their findings on a Jan. 22 case of a person with the virus who took a long-distance 48-seater bus ride — and ended up infecting 13 people total, according to the SCMP.

Surveillance footage showed that the patient didn’t interact with others throughout the four-hour ride — but a couple of the people who became infected were sitting as far as six rows away, or about 15 feet, the researchers said.

:francis:

We need to start these NPIs ASAP. Masks everywhere people go and eventual lockdowns

Edit: wtf yo

One person who caught the virus hopped on the bus about 30 minutes after the passenger and the others who became infected had got off — possibly having inhaled tiny particles breathed out by the first group, the researchers said.

EquatorialDentalIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Maluma

Banned
Daps
Ive kept this to myself for a while, but i think Jews are spreading it. Hear me out. The first cases in my city came from a guy attending a bar mitzvah, then two yeshivas were closed, then Yeshiva University.

I think it has to do with how much they travel...?

Do they have a lot of Jews?

(@Hennessypapi, @Nicole0416)
Not to mention the preliminary cases in metro NY involved a Jewish lawyer, his family, his Rabbi, and an entire synagogue