COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Man this shyt ain't going anyway anytime soon

Ima load up on some overtime, 6 days a week. Grind till spring/summer, lets get it :feedme:

I feel like this harcore LOCKDOWN shyt goin on until May (100 days into Joe Biden president)

then Businesses CEOs get greedy, we open back up, i feel like majority of ppl under 50 are declining the vaccine or will lie about it to get on a plane

another outbreak

I'm most likely gonna wear a mask until 2022 bc I know folks not taking the vaccine

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
July 2020
Yes it could get weaker and ultimately vanish. It could get worse. The more people it goes through the higher the overall chance of behavior altering mutations, which is another risk of the "let it rip" scenario.

Chances of dramatic changes to its behavior are pretty low ... by all accounts.

Today after significant spike mutations in the UK, South Africa, Brazil (Japan) and apparently the USA.

"Professor Tulio de Oliveira, a virologist at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, in Durban, South Africa, told The Telegraph: 'This variant is a wake up call that we should try to really decrease transmission of SARS-CoV-2 [coronavirus].

'It is clear that if you leave it circulating, the virus has the ability to outsmart us and become better at transmission and evasion of the antibody response.'"

Covid: THIRD 'more infectious' super strain found in Brazil | Daily Mail Online

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:yeshrug:
If it prevents deaths then it's still useful.

WHO have that (their) 50% threshold.

Astrazeneca vaccine also produce confusing result of either 62 to 90 percent efficacy.

Is 50.4% "confusing" though?

There's also the problem of different ways to confirm infection between vaccine trial

Any comments on what Pfizer has done there? It's noteworthy that the FDA Pfizer/BioNTech guidance does not mention the efficacy percentage.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
WHO have that (their) 50% threshold.

Is 50.4% "confusing" though?

Any comments on what Pfizer has done there? It's noteworthy that the FDA Pfizer/BioNTech guidance does not mention the efficacy percentage.
  • All vaccines so far prevent patients from becoming severe and critical even if it failed to prevent infection.
  • Indonesian trial produced 62% efficacy and Brazil trial would get 78% if you ignore patient with very mild symptoms.
  • Pfizer set high threshold to what could be considered infected, if your symptoms are too mild they wont test you. Meanwhile Sinovac actively tested test subjects at the sign of smallest symptoms. If we assume everyone who had very mild symptoms but not tested during Pfizer trial were infected their efficacy would drop considerably.
ErmYSfeXIAE6jsG

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
  • All vaccines so far prevent patients from becoming severe and critical even if it failed to prevent infection.
  • Indonesian trial produced 62% efficacy and Brazil trial would get 78% if you ignore patient with very mild symptoms.
  • Pfizer set high threshold to what could be considered infected, if your symptoms are too mild they wont test you. Meanwhile Sinovac actively tested test subjects at the sign of smallest symptoms. If we assume everyone who had very mild symptoms but not tested during Pfizer trial were infected their efficacy would drop considerably.
ErmYSfeXIAE6jsG

I have a terrible memory but even I remember this

covid asymptomatic organ damage - Google Search

Surely it cannot have escaped everyone's notice ...

Symptoms vs. Signs and all that ... :ehh:

Daps
1 in 3 L.A. County residents has had COVID-19, new estimate shows | KTLA
2 hours ago
Los Angeles Times

One in three Los Angeles County residents have been infected with the coronavirus, according to new estimates by county scientists, an astonishing sign of how rapidly the virus is spreading in the hard-hit region.

The estimate, based on scientific modeling, means officials believe more than 3 million of L.A. County’s 10 million residents have been infected with the coronavirus, including nearly 13,000 who have died.

That’s more than triple the cumulative number of coronavirus cases that have been confirmed by testing. Officials have long believed that testing only captures a certain percentage of those who are infected because many with the virus don’t show symptoms or suffer only mild symptoms.

The rising number of those infected has actually slowed the pace of coronavirus transmission, as the virus is increasingly coming into contact with people who have survived the infection and likely developed immunity.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:

My bestest friend in the world lives there with her hubby and kids.

I might have to tell her ass to stay home when I give birth