COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
uk brought it on themselves I have friends in london and a few weeks ago they were all out going to clubs, restaurants and parties because y'all opened them back up again. And now look!

:hhh:

Your friends are not quite truthful. Clubs have been shut since March. Bars were re opened briefly in August then shut again in November. Restaurants were only open between August and November, all mass gathering venues have been shut since March. Hair dressers and salons were only open for about 2 months since covid began, surgeries and doctors appointments cancelled.

Ppl have been doing their own thing, hosting illegal raves and having group gatherings. Even weddings and funerals cant have more than 15 ppl.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daps
This is from November. They threatened flight crew and didn’t want to wear masks, but someone added this to the #noflylist tag

I am loving the black cop telling that man to basically mind his business.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Reaching almost 400k dead, and people still call it a hoax

Real talk, those people should be forced by the law to work in the ICUs for a couple weeks, I mean it shouldnt be a problem since it doesnt exist so you also arent in danger of getting infected, right ?
Should be a cakewalk for those smart & tough, non sheep people :troll:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Do you have a link?

Specifically, variant 20C/501Y.V2 — also known as B.1.351 lineage — which has emerged in Durban, South Africa, is alarming because the mutation of the virus is at the SARS-CoV-2 Spike, disguising its appearance to the immune system which can make it easier to bypass immune protection. Think of it like someone putting a wig on to go to a party they weren't invited to, and tricking the bouncer by changing their appearance to enter.

"The concern is that it has a structural change that may change the shape of the Spike protein in a way that it may not be as easily recognized by the immune system, which means the antibodies that we raise through vaccination, as well as naturally occurring antibodies following a following infection," explained Dr. George Rutherford, a professor of epidemiology at the University of California, San Francisco. "That's the concern with that strain."

Dean Blumberg, chief of pediatric infectious diseases and associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, Davis, agreed.

"We need to be immune to that spike protein to prevent infection. If it changes, if it mutates too much, then maybe we might lose immunity that we've achieved via either infection or immunization," Blumberg said.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Covid: UK at 'perilous moment' in pandemic, says PM

Covid: UK at 'perilous moment' in pandemic, says PM
Published

6 minutes ago
Related Topics
media captionBoris Johnson says two million people and "may be a bit more" have received one of the two licensed vaccines so far
The UK is facing a "perilous moment" in the pandemic and must guard against complacency, the PM has said, as he announced a total of 2.4 million vaccinations have been given so far.

Visiting a vaccination centre in Bristol, Boris Johnson said: "We have a really tough fight on our hands."

It comes as seven mass jab centres have opened in England.

And England's chief medical officer has warned the next few weeks will be "the worst" of the pandemic for the NHS.

Prof Chris Whitty has urged people to minimise unnecessary social contacts.

Meanwhile, the government has set out its plans to immunise tens of millions of people by spring.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock will lead a news conference on the vaccine delivery plan later.

Speaking in Bristol, Mr Johnson also announced that around 2 million people have received a Covid vaccine across the UK, which means around 400,000 people have had two doses.

He said "roughly" 40% of over-80s have been vaccinated, and 23% of elderly residents in care homes.

'Race against time'
Under the vaccine delivery plan, the government has pledged to carry at least two million vaccinations in England per week by the end of January.

The plan also reiterates the government's aim of offering vaccinations to around 15 million people in the UK - the over-70s, older care home residents and staff, frontline healthcare workers and the clinically extremely vulnerable - by mid-February.

But the prime minister warned the vaccination programme was in a "race against time" because of the pressure the NHS was under.

And he said it was "a very perilous moment because everyone can sense the vaccine is coming in - my worry is that will breed false complacency".

Asked whether the government would introduce stricter lockdown rules, Mr Johnson said ministers would keep restrictions "under constant review", adding: "Where we have to tighten the rules we will."

_105894347_grey_line-nc.png

_114298933_ferguswalsh_tr-nc.png

There was an air of optimism at Epsom racecourse - one of England's new mass vaccination centres - this morning as the first Covid vaccinations were administered.

A steady stream of Surrey residents, mostly in their 80s, filed in from a large outdoor car park.

Given that these are among the most at risk from Covid, it is vital that vaccination centres maintain rigorous social distancing.

From what I observed, it looked like it had been well thought out.

People were asked to stay in their cars until their slot was ready, and were then shepherded through to one of six immunisation pods in a huge interior open space.

The centre, one of seven in England, plans to carry out around 500 vaccinations today, rising to 1,000 a day soon.

Like the other hubs in England it will be open 12 hours a day, seven days a week.

But there is a mountain to climb if the goal is to be reached of offering up to 15 million people a first dose of Covid vaccine by mid February.

The prime minister said 2.4 million vaccines had been administered. That means there are five weeks in which to carry out up to 12.5 million more.

That's 2.5 million a week if the top four priority groups are to be all offered immunisation.

_105894347_grey_line-nc.png

Ministers are aiming to offer jabs at more than 2,700 vaccination sites across the UK, including 206 hospital sites, 50 vaccination centres and around 1,200 local vaccination sites.

As seven mass vaccination centres opened across England on Monday, NHS England said hundreds more GP-led and hospital services would also open later this week.

But with all centres, people will need to wait until they receive an invitation.

Two vaccines - Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca - are currently being administered in the UK.

On Friday, a third coronavirus vaccine - made by US company Moderna - was approved for use, although supplies are not expected to arrive until spring.

_111165274_cps_web_banner_top_640x3-nc.png

_111165255_cps_web_banner_bottom_640x3-nc.png

Meanwhile, the Test and Trace scheme in England has revised one of its definitions of a "close contact" - the people who need to be reached if they have been near to someone who has tested positive for Covid.

The definition now refers to a close contact as anyone who has been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes, whether in a single period or cumulatively over the course of one day.

Previously the definition was just a single period of at least 15 minutes.

England is currently under a national lockdown, meaning people must stay at home and can go out only for limited reasons such as food shopping, exercise, or work if they cannot do so from home.

Similar lockdown measures are in place across much of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"The definition now refers to a close contact as anyone who has been within two metres of someone for more than 15 minutes, whether in a single period or cumulatively over the course of one day."

:picard:

In #2020 :ufdup:

[1st Verse]
Keep on moving
Don't stop no ..
Click clock, find your own place to stay
Or covid will come one day
15 mins max in one place to stay

[Chorus]
Keep on moving, don't stop, no
Keep on moving
Keep on moving