COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
They can't make up their damn mind if it's the mark of the beast, mind control, or getting chipped.

Funny enough the whole "it'll cause you to be autistic" angle has fallen by the wayside.

Yet those same motherfukkas have/constantly use cellphones which can be classified as all 3 of those :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They can't make up their damn mind if it's the mark of the beast, mind control, or getting chipped.

Funny enough the whole "it'll cause you to be autistic" angle has fallen by the wayside.

Most of these cats are already autistic so they ain't sweating that.

Fred.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I haven't seen that but I can't say I intake a lot of media either. But most the shyt I've seen here on the west coast is about how bad the shyt is and how everyone needs to spend the holiday season locked down. They don't really talk about "the future" like that on the news.

Here is an example from a different source ..

"The CEO of BioNTech said he has "scientific confidence" that the current Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine could work against the new variant, but full data will be available in two weeks.
Ugur Sahin said the new variant may however require countries to vaccinate more of the population, raising the bar for achieving herd immunity.
"[On] the topic of herd immunity there is always the discussion about 60-70%," Sahin told a news conference Tuesday. "But if the virus becomes more efficient in infecting people, we might need even a high vaccination rate to ensure that normal life can continue without interruption.""

he added possible outbreaks afterwards POSSIBLY.

UK coronavirus variant: What we know and what we don't - CNN

more details ts 1h1m20s

-

two weeks to know if vaccine works with UK strain - expects it to work

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
p.s.

Sahin says it will be with us for 10 years ... "the new normal"

t=1h14m30s

EDIT: @vex requested that I add more information.

more info:

Sahin was talking about a "new normal" where the vaccine is effective in massively reducing infection/severity but does not completely wipe it out.

In short it becomes low incidence endemic.

I personally am not taking a position on this and have provided the timestamped video so that everyone can see and interpret his words for themselves.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
p.s.

Sahin says it will be with us for 10 years ... "the new normal"

t=1h14m30s

Eh, you gotta give context to what he said man.

He clarified that "normal" as in no more shut downs, no more overcrowded hospitals, and far less deaths should be obtainable by summer.

"The new normal" means this virus isn't going anywhere and there will be small outbreaks every so often. Most people would be ok with that.

Fred.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Eh, you gotta give context to what he said man.

He clarified that "normal" as in no more shut downs, no more overcrowded hospitals, and far less deaths should be obtainable by summer.

"The new normal" means this virus isn't going anywhere and there will be small outbreaks every so often. Most people would be ok with that.

Fred.

there is no more context than the actual video ... "the new normal" is what he is talking about. nowhere did i say it was what we have now.

i even said in my next comment above that that is just his opinion.

i even put a timestamp on the video so people could see for themselves.

Logic man. If he was saying "no change" then ... i ain't gonna fill in the blanks for you ..

Not to mention a "new" normal ...

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
there is no more context than the actual video ... "the new normal" is what he is talking about. nowhere did i say it was what we have now.

i even said in my next comment above that that is just his opinion.

i even put a timestamp on the video.

Quoting "It'll be with us for 10 years" and "this is the new normal" without pointing out he said life could more or less go back to normal....c'mon man. Know your audience. People in TLR do not watch videos or read past the head line.

Fred.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Quoting "It'll be with us for 10 years" and "this is the new normal" without pointing out he said life could more or less go back to normal....c'mon man. Know your audience. People in TLR do not watch videos or read past the head line.

Fred.

Once again: if he were suggesting "no change" then there would be no point of the vaccine roll-out would there. He wouldn't be having a press conference in the first place, other than to say "it ain't gonna work".

C'mon now.

When reading it, if you are in doubt about which "new", you then factor in context clues, innit.