COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Thanks for doing your part :salute:, I’m still trying to convince my mom to go take it :snoop:.

I honestly don't understand anyone over 50 who doesn't want to get the vaccine. Your life expectancy is basically reduced so much just by being in the last 3rd of your life, the potential side-effects won't hit you before you're even dead from natural causes

Is your mum overweight, high blood pressure, drinker, smoker, exercises, red meat eater? Those are the stuff I'd advise her to alter first before worrying about a vaccine!

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I honestly don't understand anyone over 50 who doesn't want to get the vaccine. Your life expectancy is basically reduced so much just by being in the last 3rd of your life, the potential side-effects won't hit you before you're even dead from natural causes

Is your mum overweight, high blood pressure, drinker, smoker, exercises, red meat eater? Those are the stuff I'd advise her to alter first before worrying about a vaccine!
None of that, she’s actually relatively healthy. She’s a registered nurse, but she’s just one of those skeptical black folks who think this vaccine was rushed and wants to see the side effects of other people before she takes it. I rather her get the side effects of the vaccine than the side effects of covid :yeshrug:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My wife got the vaccine earlier this morning. She’s an ICU nurse

her friend couldn’t get it because apparently if you had Covid within the last 90 days you are ineligible. But she told me it would be months before someone like myself can get it.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
So how many of yall families tryna gather together for Christmas?:ufdup:

Not here, My mum is 75 and every Christmas I spend with her is a blessing. Christmas was my favourite time as a kid and I enjoyed a few things about it, so I'm quite sensitive about seeing her.

This year though, can't take the risk. I haven't physically seen her in 2-3 months and my mum hasn't seen my bro or sister's family during this time either. So I'm really not sure how to play this one, as she's 75 and been on her own since February.

This is stress man. All those anti-maskers and people who say they're medically exempt from wearing masks just to prove a point make me sick...even the more annoying now

KFC chicken in a rice cooker is amazing. Shred that shyt up and eat. Sometimes I do it when I'm craving. Grab a 3 price and drop 1-2 into my rice cooker with some rice. Always comes out bomb
Yeah? Sounds good! You put the chicken in when the rice is cooked and just let it steam?

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2