COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We lost my great grandma this morning, I'd mentioned her before in this thread that she was looking better and but she took a turn for the worse and ended up back in the hospital. :mjcry:

She lived a long life at 92 yrs old and told us she don't want nobody crying over her when she gone. :wow: A G til the end

My condelences breh. This covid shyt is a bytch

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
We lost my great grandma this morning, I'd mentioned her before in this thread that she was looking better and but she took a turn for the worse and ended up back in the hospital. :mjcry:

She lived a long life at 92 yrs old and told us she don't want nobody crying over her when she gone. :wow: A G til the end

Condolences to you and your fam, my G...

OnlyChillyAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My mother is a nurse at the hospital and they just received the vaccine. Told her to go take it but she wants to wait and see what happens to her coworkers first :francis:. My grandparents live with her though so I need her to take it ASAP just in case she brings something home and inadvertently gets them sick.
It's been in phase 3 trials for months. What does she honestly think she's gonna see short term that phase 3 trials haven't revealed? The people in her local area aren't even close to the first people getting this.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
It's been in phase 3 trials for months. What does she honestly think she's gonna see short term that phase 3 trials haven't revealed? The people in her local area aren't even close to the first people getting this.
I think a lot of people forget that this was tested in trials months ago. My mom (and a lot of older people) think this vaccine just rolled out this week :snoop:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I think a lot of people forget that this was tested in trials months ago. My mom (and a lot of older people) think this vaccine just rolled out this week :snoop:
Test trials in june ..21k participant from all over the world..average age was 51
Thats just the Pfizer

Some people dont read or just scared lol

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Moderna says production will be 20M in December,

80-100M in Q1 in 2021

Another 100 million doses were ordered by the US government for Q2 2021.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
:ehh: then you should listen to me ... :ufdup:

Talk to these people. I worked in pharma for years before transitioning to medical devices. I know how to break down a clinical trial. I also know the shenanigans involved with configuring the trial and data to get the results that you want.

Folks are conveniently skipping over the fact that the vaccines were approved for emergency use. Everything has been fast-tracked. Not the traditional procedure. New mRNA tech as well. I don’t criticize anyone that exercises caution and wants to do their due diligence with this vaccine. Without longer term studies, there are bound to be some hiccups. Learn as much as you can.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Talk to these people. I worked in pharma for years before transitioning to medical devices. I know how to break down a clinical trial. I also know the shenanigans involved with configuring the trial and data to get the results that you want.

Folks are conveniently skipping over the fact that the vaccines were approved for emergency use. Everything has been fast-tracked. Not the traditional procedure. New mRNA tech as well. I don’t criticize anyone that exercises caution and wants to do their due diligence with this vaccine. Without longer term studies, there are bound to be some hiccups. Learn as much as you can.

What's the next viable option? Government has shown they're not going to pay everyone to stay home. So we're left with letting the bodies pile up or using the vaccines. This isn't a game release where they can roll out a patch in 2/3 months. The vaccines will be the same

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
What's the next viable option? Government has shown they're not going to pay everyone to stay home. So we're left with letting the bodies pile up or using the vaccines. This isn't a game release where they can roll out a patch in 2/3 months. The vaccines will be the same

The most viable option is to wear a mask. I’m not doubting the necessity of the vaccine. We just don’t know how effective this rollout will be. As discussed, the vaccine may not stop the virus from spreading, but it does a good job in reducing severity of the effect, which is great. This isn’t a light switch event. The mask and social distancing is still the most effective weapon. We have a long way to go still.

My point wasn’t to vilify the vaccines. I just think people shouldn’t be attacked for being cautious. It’s a personal choice people still have. This was very rushed. The first line recipients are basically acting as test subjects. As results come in, it will help many form their decision. I don’t like to be a first mover for stuff like this, but God bless those that are more enthusiastic. We’re all hoping for the best

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I remember back when this first started and I got into some back and forth with someone with Nigerian in their name. I was hyperbolic and said something like you dont want "6000 people dying a day" or some shyt and had to backtrack because my mouth got out in front of my mouth and realized that was a bit over the top but still maintained unless its handled correctly numbers are going to be crazy.

Now there are folks speculating it can reach that high at this rate by January :dwillhuh:. I'll be damned.
I wouldn't be shocked if we hit 4k a day by next week or soon after at this rate. Crazy shyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I remember back when this first started and I got into some back and forth with someone with Nigerian in their name. I was hyperbolic and said something like you dont want "6000 people dying a day" or some shyt and had to backtrack because my mouth got out in front of my mouth and realized that was a bit over the top but still maintained unless its handled correctly numbers are going to be crazy.

Now there are folks speculating it can reach that high at this rate by January :dwillhuh:. I'll be damned.
I wouldn't be shocked if we hit 4k a day by next week or soon after at this rate. Crazy shyt.

By it's peak, its gonna reach 7k per day