COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
I'll also say this

We need more black doctors and nurses e.t.c. !!!!!
I can't speak for anyone else in this thread but we(especially black men) Get treated like peons white women and foreigners get worshipped.
:wow:

On top of that you add on all the black patients; the black babies, elderly, and those suffering mental illnesses that receive subpar or straight up negligent treatment from these demons. SMH

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
My auntie back in Detroit got it :snoop:

She’a been quarantined but she’s basically the caretaker of my 92 year old grandmother. Luckily the block came together and has been taking care of her with getting the mail and buying her groceries. Covid is not a joke I have so much hate for these non maskers

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Where im at were running outta beds pretty much everywhere
Staff is worked like crazy and we're understaffed
We put ourselves And families at risk everytime we go to work but the people that don't have to deal with it on a front line basis don't give a fukk
Rushing this vaccine is not the answer and will cause more harm than good
That's how you feel as a man on the front line, I respect that. I just don't get the "more harm than good" you're talking about. The vaccines do feel rushed I dont disagree but in critical times, it's sometimes difficult to be 100% correct.
Australia and New Zealand are part of the West.

1yTv98w.png

Western world - Wikipedia

There are the long-term (over 3 months as things stand) medical effects (things which are based on time) and the effects of mass vaccination of millions/billions (which is a function of the procedure/speed/size adoption rate).

Is she saying saying that significant net downsides cannot be ruled out sufficiently for her liking without further study?

Yes I think it is pretty clear that that is what she is saying.

There is another way (as parts of the Western World have shown).
You playing semantics breh :beli: Australia and NZ are islands and their density is super low so they are exceptions to the rule that the West have the utmost trouble to contain this.

Regarding "net" downsides, she wasn't voicing that. She said that she needed 2 more months of data and didn't put in balance the current death rate so I don't see why you're pointing this out specifically.

Will there be complictions ? It's probable yes. However if you put in balance that 9k people on average are dying from this everyday worldwide, a 2 months inaction at this rate would mean 500k more bodies. Do we find it acceptable to wait for this so we can have a more refined data ? :manny:

I'm not saying she's wrong or anything. Just that I fully understand why people want to put a stop to this asap as that's how I feel.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
That's how you feel as a man on the front line, I respect that. I just don't get the "more harm than good" you're talking about. The vaccines do feel rushed I dont disagree but in critical times, it's sometimes difficult to be 100% correct.

You playing semantics breh :beli: Australia and NZ are islands and their density is super low so they are exceptions to the rule that the West have the utmost trouble to contain this.

Will there be complictions ? It's probable yes. However if you put in balance that 9k people on average are dying from this everyday worldwide, a 2 months inaction at this rate would mean 500k more bodies. Do we find it acceptable to wait for this so we can have a more refined data ? :manny:

You quote those deaths as a given. My point is that countries both in and out of the West have shown that rates could be much lower.

Regarding "net" downsides, she wasn't voicing that. She said that she needed 2 more months of data and didn't put in balance the current death rate so I don't see why you're pointing this out specifically.

She is netting off the potential downside of "delays" against the possible bad case downsides.

I'm not saying she's wrong or anything. Just that I fully understand why people want to put a stop to this asap as that's how I feel.

The core question is one of risk management. The question that has to be addressed is what is the worst case possible (Unlikely) scenario, if something that could happen goes wrong, and what would that looks like relative to what we have now. And even after we rule out what we know could happen there is always the question of the totally unexpected. That is why we test and that is why we (normally) wait or roll out the vaccine in distinct, periodic waves.

Impossible < Unimaginable < Unlikely < Probable < Likely < Certainty

Just as (most) governments chose to err on the cautious side (and still do) because this is a new disease, extra care has to be taken in administering new tool based vaccines to effectively "the entire world". Because the high rate at which people will be given the vaccine any damage done could be large and hard-to-impossible to unwind. If we inject something "dangerous" into billions of people that would be a disaster beyond the scale of covid itself.

We also have to remember that on the vaccine "upside" it still remains to be shown that the vaccines only reduce covid to being seasonal or more broadly endemic rather than getting rid of it. We do not know yet it the vaccines stop people being infectious. And there are questions already about the effect of targeting just one part of the virus protein on efficacy. She raised that point more generally in the video.

Science rarely works seamlessly the first time so we should proceed more carefully.

We are in Phase 4 right?

From the CDC
Vaccine-Safety-Process.png

To flesh out what I mean, consider that it would be undesirable to give the vaccine to everyone on Earth tomorrow, even if we could achieve that.