COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Cuomo: Staten Island Accounts for 25% of City’s COVID-19 Deaths

Cuomo: Staten Island Accounts for 25% of City’s Recent COVID-19 Deaths
By Zack Fink Manhattan
UPDATED 11:00 PM ET Dec. 09, 2020 PUBLISHED 2:43 PM ET Dec. 09, 2020

NEW YORK - The COVID-19 death rate is now higher on Staten Island than any other borough, according to data from the last month released by Gov. Andrew Cuomo Wednesday.

The borough already led the city with the highest percentage of positive coronavirus cases.

“Twenty-five percent of all the fatalities in New York City come from Staten Island,” Cuomo said. "Staten Island is only 5% of the New York City population.”

Cuomo added that the borough's death rate is now 40% higher than the other four boroughs.

Staten Island residents have come under scrutiny for flouting social distancing protocols and ignoring state restrictions on gatherings.

Last week, Mac’s Public House, a bar on Staten Island, declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve drinks in violation of state law before the city moved in and shut the bar down. The closure led to rallies by supporters, which were attended by local elected officials.

On Monday, the bar’s manager Danny Presti was arrested for allegedly dragging a Sheriff’s Deputy with his car, after he confronted him outside the bar over weekend.

"That’s what this movement on Staten Island has done,” Cuomo said. "More people have died. And that is the fundamental point that is inescapable. Staten Island has a 40% higher death rate than the Bronx, than Brooklyn, Queens or Manhattan. A higher death rate.”

As of Tuesday, Staten Island had the highest positivity rate for COVID tests in the city, with 6.49%, which is two points higher than the next borough, which is the Bronx.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps

By Zack Fink Manhattan

NEW YORK - The COVID-19 death rate is now higher on Staten Island than any other borough, according to data from the last month released by Gov. Andrew Cuomo Wednesday.

The borough already led the city with the highest percentage of positive coronavirus cases.

“Twenty-five percent of all the fatalities in New York City come from Staten Island,” Cuomo said. "Staten Island is only 5% of the New York City population.”

Cuomo added that the borough's death rate is now 40% higher than the other four boroughs.

Staten Island residents have come under scrutiny for flouting social distancing protocols and ignoring state restrictions on gatherings.

Last week, Mac’s Public House, a bar on Staten Island, declared itself an “autonomous zone” and continued to serve drinks in violation of state law before the city moved in and shut the bar down. The closure led to rallies by supporters, which were attended by local elected officials.

On Monday, the bar’s manager Danny Presti was arrested for allegedly dragging a Sheriff’s Deputy with his car, after he confronted him outside the bar over weekend.

"That’s what this movement on Staten Island has done,” Cuomo said. "More people have died. And that is the fundamental point that is inescapable. Staten Island has a 40% higher death rate than the Bronx, than Brooklyn, Queens or Manhattan. A higher death rate.”

As of Tuesday, Staten Island had the highest positivity rate for COVID tests in the city, with 6.49%, which is two points higher than the next borough, which is the Bronx.

Gotdamn! Shaolin is getting bodied :damn:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Oh I thought it helped if you had it too

Vaccines work by teaching your body to defend itself against the virus before you encounter an active version of it. So once the virus enters your body and starts to replicate your immune system destroys it before it can spread too much.

In a sports analogy it's like when a young player gets hot in baseball and he killing everything. Nobody has seen him before so you don't know how to get him out. But if you have film on him you see he can't hit an inside slider, so now everyone that sees him is throwing inside sliders and he can't do shyt.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Vaccines work by teaching your body to defend itself against the virus before you encounter an active version of it. So once the virus enters your body and starts to replicate your immune system destroys it before it can spread too much.

In a sports analogy it's like when a young player gets hot in baseball and he killing everything. Nobody has seen him before so you don't know how to get him out. But if you have film on him you see he can't hit an inside slider, so now everyone that sees him is throwing inside sliders and he can't do shyt.
Good analogy, I get it

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

By Zack Fink Manhattan

Of course, the mayo warriors over there weren't following protocol. Bx gotta get those numbers to drop though.

Or just how the Heat ended Linsanity :wow:

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
This sucks, they closed the gym down here in Cali. But you can still shop at the malls for Christmas presents?! :what: This is bullshyt.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Of course, the mayo warriors over there weren't following protocol. Bx gotta get those numbers to drop though.

Or just how the Heat ended Linsanity :wow:
It’s impossible to get numbers on this, but I’m pretty sure the BX must lead by a lot in terms of people who got hospitalized who got Covid-19 who didn’t know they had it and didn’t wanna know they had it.

most of the West side is going through it and the south Bronx. Not a peep on the news though.

Daps
Currently at Urgent Care to get tested so I can do a project for work, in which I actually have to leave the house, and work on location.

:sadcam:

It’s a rapid test since they just told me this YESTERDAY, and I have to work TOMORROW.

:gucci:

Daps
Currently at Urgent Care to get tested so I can do a project for work, in which I actually have to leave the house, and work on location.

:sadcam:

It’s a rapid test since they just told me this YESTERDAY, and I have to work TOMORROW.

:gucci:

The test wasn’t THAT bad.

But I got the results already and I’m NEGATIVE

:mjlit:

:wow: