COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How dare they try to earn a living that’s not good news for #teamlockdown that shyt needs to be turned around immediately. Close them up now
This isn't a problem unique to the US though. Other countries have had to deal and are dealing with lockdowns.

If our government would step up and stop treating its citizens like cattle when needed shutdowns could happen and all these needless deaths would stop.

sean360

Pro
Daps
My girl's whole family got it. The younger folks have mild symptoms but her mother was hit pretty hard. :francis: Her mother is recovering though but has been sick for almost 3 weeks and still dealing with a fever.
She might want to talk to her primary care doctor, if she is having fever 3 weeks later, she possible need to go to the emergency room, make sure she don’t have Covid pneumonia.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
This isn't a problem unique to the US though. Other countries have had to deal and are dealing with lockdowns.

If our government would step up and stop treating its citizens like cattle when needed shutdowns could happen and all these needless deaths would stop.
We are 11 months in, but I am sure the government led by Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell will step up anytime now. Let’s get these food lines doubled in the meantime and lock everything closed down while we wait for their certain aid

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
We are 11 months in, but I am sure the government led by Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell will step up anytime now. Let’s get these food lines doubled in the meantime and lock everything closed down while we wait for their certain aid

I know the Bi-Partisan Committee of Congress (both Democrats and Republicans) came out with their own stimulus bill of $908 billion. Of course, it includes $300 unemployment instead of the $600 and a period of immunity from lawsuits which Republicans wanted. It is compromised of the $500 billion that went the first go around. Of course it doesn't include the $1,200 checks which you can always at before passing the bill.

It's actually not a bad deal at all and would provide a 4 month stopgap to solve the long term problems.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I know the Bi-Partisan Committee of Congress (both Democrats and Republicans) came out with their own stimulus bill of $908 billion. Of course, it includes $300 unemployment instead of the $600 and a period of immunity from lawsuits which Republicans wanted. It is compromised of the $500 billion that went the first go around. Of course it doesn't include the $1,200 checks which you can always at before passing the bill.

It's actually not a bad deal at all and would provide a 4 month stopgap to solve the long term problems.
I’m sure it’s on the senates agenda as a top priority. Let’s just close everything down ASAP though while we wait for the senate to surely bring a bill up for a vote. It’s right around the corner no doubt but we can’t let folks work to make ends meet in the meantime

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m sure it’s on the senates agenda as a top priority. Let’s just close everything down ASAP though while we wait for the senate to surely bring a bill up for a vote. It’s right around the corner no doubt but we can’t let folks work to make ends meet in the meantime

I figured they were going to start closing things down after Black Friday to let businesses get in one last rush to help stay afloat. They gotta figure something out though as the government shutdown is looming and they go home for the holidays in a few weeks.

I don't expect the vaccine to be readily available anytime soon though especially considering we are still running out of COVID-test 11 months in. I'm hoping that the fact that members of both sides are starting to get fed up with their party leaders antics speeds up the process.

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Going to get tested tomorrow.
I developed a persistent cough on Friday and a fever of 100.5 with a congested nose today.
Slight headache made worse by the coughing, really haven't had the desire to each anything today.
Sense of taste and smell is still there but it feels dampened.

Results came back positive:francis:.

No coughing anymore but I have a fever of 101.5 and threw up a few minutes ago. Other than that I feel ok. Lungs ok.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

Anything for businesses and local governments in that package?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Anything for businesses and local governments in that package?

It is, but not as much as I and other people hoped. It’s not a perfect bill by any means, but something is better than nothing at this point. As long as Mitch controls the Senate, he will continue to be a hinderance.

The perfect bill is just not going to happen at this point and they can’t go home without something being done. The only other option is to attach certain COVID-19 provisions to the bill they are about to pass and avoid the looming government shutdown. That likely won’t happen though as certain members might prefer the all or nothing approach.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

They need to address the long term problems asap. Everything can't be a stopgap to get to the next stopgap.

The problem is this the dems suddenly grew some balls and made demands and the republicans aren't really looking to budge. If the dems don't move from their position nothing will be done. Mitch isn't gonna put anything to a vote he doesn't approve of.

We literally have one man blocking relief to everyone. Even if he doesn't approve of a given bill himself he could at least allow it to go to a vote.