COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
How long was swine flu around when it was a major news thing? Is it even still floating around?

This CVD seems like another virus that drops once every so often and disappears. Not downplaying this virus since it’s more dangerous, I’m just saying. :ld:

WELL
none of them other viruses made the US stock market lose 4 Trillion dollars inna week

I’m just saying :hubie:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
2009 Swine-Flu Death Toll 10 Times Higher Than Thought | Live Science
Article states that as many as 203,000 may have died from the result of contracting swine flu which was 10x higher than their original projections.

774 deaths from SARS I believe

Now consider if the projections are off by that much with this one and the leaked hospital memo from last night projects 418,000 US deaths...you could have 4 million dying from this

Here's what a legit expert predicted based on data so far

From reddit
Dr. James Lawler gave a presentation presented by the American Hosptial Association last month that said he estimates:

• 98 Million Infections / 30% Total US population

• 4.8 Million Hospitalizations

• 1.9 Million Intensive Care Unit Admissions

• 480,000 Deaths

The presentation was intended to help hospitals nationwide prepare for the incoming wave of infections.

Dr. Lawler is the director of the department of Internal Medicine at UNMC and director of the Global Center for Health Security.

For those of you who don't know, this is the hosptial with the best biocontainment facility in the country.

In particular, the slide points out that hospitals should prepare for an impact to the system that's 10 times a severe flu season.

Let that soak in for anyone who is still comparing COVID-19 to the seasonal flu.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I think its because one of the modes of infection is through the eyes, and also they dont want people unknowingly touching surfaces where bacteria and this virus lives and touch your face after...:ld:
its just impossible, dont touch it before washing hands I guess

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
To keep it 100 I wasn't taking Coronavirus too seriously, I figured it would just boil over like bird flu did. It's getting a little concerning... :lupe:

Im a little worried for my ma, she was in contact with a lunchroom manager from another school for a few seconds and they found out that person had the virus yesterday and shut down the school. Hope to god she doesn’t start coming down with something in a few days.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
To keep it 100 I wasn't taking Coronavirus too seriously, I figured it would just boil over like bird flu did. It's getting a little concerning... :lupe:

As long as you are clean, and keep your immune system strong you should be ok. I'm more concerned with the older people in my family catching it.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Im a little worried for my ma, she was in contact with a lunchroom manager from another school for a few seconds and they found out that person had the virus yesterday and shut down the school. Hope to god she doesn’t start coming down with something in a few days.

As long as you are clean, and keep your immune system strong you should be ok. I'm more concerned with the older people in my family catching it.

I got two great grandmothers in their 90s and two grandparents in their late 70s. :sadcam: