COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
More info:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/vide...535653949/640x360_MP4_8577038088535653949.mp4

How does the coronavirus attack the human body? Scientists reveal the deadly illness kills off lung cells and can cause the immune system to go 'haywire'
  • The virus infects cells in the lungs and can kill them off and trigger pneumonia
  • It may cause the immune system to go into overdrive and attack healthy tissue
  • There are signs it damages other organs such as the kidneys and liver
  • Around 90,000 people worldwide have been infected and 3,000 have died
The coronavirus could damage people's kidneys and send their immune systems 'haywire' as well as infecting the lungs, according to scientists.

More than 90,000 people have now been infected with the disease, which is known to cause serious lung damage and deadly pneumonia.

It does this by attaching to and reproducing in tissue inside the lungs, where it kills cells in the process of spreading.

As the cells are killed they drop off of the lungs' linings and build up in clumps inside the organs, making it hard to breathe and triggering further infections.

The virus can also send the immune system into overdrive as it tries to fight off infection, triggering swelling which can lead to more breathing difficulties.

If a severe infection takes hold it may move on to cause damage or dysfunction to the stomach, intestines, heart, liver and kidneys, and even provoke organ failure.

This could trigger pneumonia as the viruses and dead tissue clog up parts of the lungs and make them swell up, producing fluid which can block breathing.

The immune system can also worsen the symptoms of COVID-19 by going 'haywire' and damaging healthy tissue in its attempts to stop the virus, Professor Fielder said.

He told Sky: 'It can actually almost over attack, and become what we call hyperimmune, and set up a large attack which can then start to damage the healthy tissue underneath.'

Dr Laura Evans, from the University of Washington, added that a 'good proportion' of people with severe coronavirus infections developed problems with other organs.

If 14 per cent of those infected develop a severe disease and five per cent of them are critically ill, it could be a 'massive threat' according to an interview Dr Peter Openshaw, professor of experimental medicine at Imperial College London, gave The Times.

According to the most recent data from the China Centre for Disease Control, death rates are 0.2 to 0.4 per cent between the ages of ten and 50, but then start climbing.

You have a 1.3 per cent chance of dying from it in your 50s, a 3.6 per cent risk in your 60s, an eight per cent risk in your 70s, and a 14.8 per cent risk in your 80s.

'We calculated with an enormous amount of uncertainty that one per cent of those infected might die - with a fourfold margin of error in each direction. So a death rate of 0.25 per cent of cases would be similar to the 1957 and 1968 influenza pandemics while a four per cent rate would compare with the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic (with a death toll estimated at 40 million to 50 million).

But really, don’t more people die each year from falling down stairs than will be killed by coronavirus?

More people do die in a year falling on stairs in the UK – 787 last year – than die of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, which killed 428. Few would argue that HIV is trivial, or not something to avoid.

How does the coronavirus attack the human body? | Daily Mail Online
I'm not panicked but hearing about how it attacks the lungs like that is terrifying for someone like me with severe asthma. I'm glad that I've been on my preventative medicine which drastically reduces my chances of having an attack. But yeah I definitely cannot afford to catch this shyt

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
I got a pack of Lysol weeks before this pandemic started. Coronavirus is not a new disease, check the labels in the back

hypatia-h_6840ceceb7d9b97f87e3562e3294ba03-h_bb8c240625747c6baa58b092060ed205.jpg