COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
People saying the Pope got the virus? Hes 80 with 1 lung that got removed from getting tuberculosis

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
There will definitely be more cases but it doesn't warrant any panic right now imo. What scares me more is the lack of testing and preparedness from the government. NYC with one of the highest number of Chinese Americans dont have adequate testing.
This is an emperor who has no clothes moment for this administration. Let's compare this to a more liberal administration or image of one where conservatives paint them as wild with spending. At least, in this case, I may be wrong, but I think the difference in a more liberal administration would be opening up the wallet and using all the money and resources to get out in front of this. This administration is staffed by people with terrible narcissism and concern about image and view the top priority as corporate profits, stock market, and political aesthetics.

Secondly, people say in regards to the stock market dropping "WELL THE PRESIDENT CAN'T CONTROL A VIRUS. ITS NOT HIS FAULT" but all the stock market is is a measure of consumer confidence for the most part. Keyword being "Confidence". If you had an administration that comes out and gives the impression they have it under control as far as the response and are making moves that show they are doing 100% everything they can to prevent it from getting worse, than investors may have more CONFIDENCE that this won't be as bad as they may think and the stock market will reflect that. So, when you act like a retard and use the word hoax (though he claims he meant as far as the democrats response) and can't even get basic facts straight such as saying 15 people were infected in the US when it was actually higher in the US or that it will just magically disappear, then investors and people who may hold stocks are going to think "Welp, this is going to get worse, better make moves". So, the decline in the stock market is partly his fault. Not just the virus.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an emperor who has no clothes moment for this administration. Let's compare this to a more liberal administration or image of one where conservatives paint them as wild with spending. At least, in this case, I may be wrong, but I think the difference in a more liberal administration would be opening up the wallet and using all the money and resources to get out in front of this. This administration is staffed by people with terrible narcissism and concern about image and view the top priority as corporate profits, stock market, and political aesthetics.

Secondly, people say in regards to the stock market dropping "WELL THE PRESIDENT CAN'T CONTROL A VIRUS. ITS NOT HIS FAULT" but all the stock market is is a measure of consumer confidence for the most part. Keyword being "Confidence". If you had an administration that comes out and gives the impression they have it under control as far as the response and are making moves that show they are doing 100% everything they can to prevent it from getting worse, than investors may have more CONFIDENCE that this won't be as bad as they may think and the stock market will reflect that. So, when you act like a retard and use the word hoax (though he claims he meant as far as the democrats response) and can't even get basic facts straight such as saying 15 people were infected in the US when it was actually higher in the US or that it will just magically disappear, then investors and people who may hold stocks are going to think "Welp, this is going to get worse, better make moves". So, the decline in the stock market is partly his fault. Not just the virus.
I agree.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
It's a sad state of affairs when you literally can't trust anything from the president and vice president on this. You really can't even trust the CDC as anything they say has to be screened and approved by Trump/pence and they're already saying the opposite of what the medical people are saying and then gaslighting reporters who just heard it that it isnt what they heard.

Trump's way to fix this is propose a tax cut because all he cares about is the markets and not about the potential of a widespread virus in his country helped along by his funding cuts and hollowing out of the very CDC team that would handle this exact situation.

Trump wasn't even aware the flu actually kills people

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
It's a sad state of affairs when you literally can't trust anything from the president and vice president on this. You really can't even trust the CDC as anything they say has to be screened and approved by Trump/pence and they're already saying the opposite of what the medical people are saying and then gaslighting reporters who just heard it that it isnt what they heard.

Trump's way to fix this is propose a tax cut because all he cares about is the markets and not about the potential of a widespread virus in his country helped along by his funding cuts and hollowing out of the very CDC team that would handle this exact situation.

Trump wasn't even aware the flu actually kills people
You also have to think indirectly what this means for an organizational structure flowing downwards. There was the story of the whistleblower from HHS and what happen. These people who are just your everyday employees but may be privy to maybe concerning information now got to worry if they are going to be made a political target if they do anything that is negligent not from a safety standpoint but from something that isn't focused on protecting the political interests of the administration. Some people will be assertive and brave and whistleblow despite that but others who may have to think about feeding their families are now being indirectly convinced not to be as forthcoming as they would otherwise due to the risks. shyt is bad management.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am not at the least bit shocked at that statistic and the idiocy in that tweet.:francis:

i was at a festival last summer waiting in line to use the porta potty. man, the amount of people that I saw walk into the porta potties barefoot :scust:

I said to myself "I know they're gonna climb in bed with those piss and shyt covered feet without washing them":hhh:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

The vaccine may be free but you get punished for being a decent person and wanting to go test yourself

Consider a Florida man, Osmel Martinez Azcue, who returned from China and found himself becoming sick. As The Miami Herald reported, he might normally have gone to a drugstore and bought over-the-counter flu medicine. But because of the risk of coronavirus he did the responsible thing and sought medical attention: He went to a hospital for testing. In the end, it turned out not to be coronavirus — but he was billed $3,270
Opinion | Is This Coronavirus ‘the Big One’?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There will definitely be more cases but it doesn't warrant any panic right now imo. What scares me more is the lack of testing and preparedness from the government. NYC with one of the highest number of Chinese Americans dont have adequate testing.

nobody does.