COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My mother is a healthcare worker in her 50s..

shyt is making me a bit worried.
It seems like healthcare workers have the highest risk like in china where the doctors and nurses got sick from it taking care of patients. It's almost like you have to wear a hazmat suit. Some nurses in china shaved their head cuz it's easier to sterilize. My friend works for the hospital in flushing queens which is like 99% Chinese and south korean.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Coronavirus updates: 1st US death in Washington, Italy travel advisory

A person has died from the new coronavirus in Washington state, the first death from the virus in the U.S., health officials confirmed Saturday.

The person died in King County, Washington, the state's Department of Health said. More information was expected at a press conference at 1 p.m. PT.

"It is a sad day in our state as we learn that a Washingtonian has died from COVID-19. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. We will continue to work toward a day where no one dies from this virus," Gov. Jay Inslee said in a statement Saturday.

People are saying that an older woman died but the governor referred to the person as a he.

There's also this in the article

In addition, Washington health officials said Friday a woman in her 50s in King County tested positive for the virus after traveling to Daegu, South Korea, the site of a major coronavirus outbreak. She was being treated in home isolation.

Both cases in Washington were treated as “presumptive positives,” meaning they had not been confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as of Friday.

Seems like the woman in her 50's is a separate case

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
@Sankofa Alwayz what’s good? What are we going to do??
:damn::damn:
I got an email about them potentially closing schools for 10 days. We dead.

@Wild self it’s a wrap, thank you for being my backbone and my rib. I’m leaving you all my money and possessions. call my mother and tell her that I love her - give my daddy a hug for me . @HarlemHottie it’s been real sis, I’ve reached the end. @Hennessypapi Bye my fellow Dominican little brother from a different mother - it’s been real. The End. Fin.

:lupe:Drink Ginger ale, that should cure everything -
:aicmon:

:therethere: it was very nice knowing you, sis. If we still alive in the summertime, maybe we can skype the bbq. :mjcry:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There will definitely be more cases but it doesn't warrant any panic right now imo. What scares me more is the lack of testing and preparedness from the government. NYC with one of the highest number of Chinese Americans dont have adequate testing.

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
What does one have to do with the other?

Could be nothing ,could be something.

They fired at a surveillance aircraft, so an unnecessary aggressive act.

Also, a violation of international codes and agreements , according to the article.

Perhaps they're lashing out from the increased scrutiny?

Regardless, I don't think this is something that should be ignored.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could be nothing ,could be something.

They fired at a surveillance aircraft, so an unnecessary aggressive act.

Also, a violation of international codes and agreements , according to the article.

Perhaps they're lashing out from the increased scrutiny?

Regardless, I don't think this is something that should be ignored.
Probably nothing since the coronavirus is in china not the ocean. Near Guam lol