COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Zime

Superstar
Daps
I had the most fukked up flu like 2 weeks before coronavirus was announced globally. Sore throat and never coughed as much before. After a week later the sore throat came back and I couldn't even swallow without feeling discomfort. I'm glad shyt is over but imagine if I had the flu when I heard about the coronavirus
:picard:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I had the most fukked up flu like 2 weeks before coronavirus was announced globally. Sore throat and never coughed as much before. After a week later the sore throat came back and I couldn't even swallow without feeling discomfort. I'm glad shyt is over but imagine if I had the flu when I heard about the coronavirus
:picard:
I had it 2 weeks ago right after I ate Panda Express lol, I even vomited in a long time

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
No one took Ebola as serious as this. All I saw were jokes and memes everywhere not fear and paranoia as with this.

Ebola's transmission rate wasn't very high and it killed the hosts too quickly to become highly infective like that

So how serious is this shyt? Because the way people are hyping it is like judgement day is coming soon.

Serious but being a bit over sensationalized, the death rate seems to be at about 3.5 percent thus far and most cases are mild where patients recover. 80 percent of deaths are elderly people with other health issues.

I'm worried because I have asthma and being that it causes fluid in the lungs or pneumonia that's something I have a terrible past with.

I also fear a mutation in the strain of the virus

Edit: Nevermind, It already has mutated :picard:

Last edited:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
No one took Ebola as serious as this. All I saw were jokes and memes everywhere not fear and paranoia as with this.
It’s because social media is more prevalent. The swine flu inflected legit a fifth of planet earths population and killed over a half million people. A few thousand deaths have people in this thread ready to hoard canned food like the zombie apocalypse is upon us. Imagine the complete and utter panic had Twitter and Facebook been as ingrained ways of life for most of society back then

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It’s because social media is more prevalent. The swine flu inflected legit a fifth of planet earths population and killed over a half million people. A few thousand deaths have people in this thread ready to hoard canned food like the zombie apocalypse is upon us. Imagine the complete and utter panic had Twitter and Facebook been as ingrained ways of life for most of society back then

:wow:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas

Simple facts are pretty hard to refute I guess? Guessing most folks didn’t even bother with a flu shot the year after swine flu. Because there was no social media pressing for it, or covering it, the way they are now. Changes people’s entire perceptions of situations

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Simple facts are pretty hard to refute I guess? Guessing most folks didn’t even bother with a flu shot the year after swine flu. Because there was no social media pressing for it, or covering it, the way they are now. Changes people’s entire perceptions of situations

One level thinking. You just haven't thought it through.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

Well yeah. If they start saying that kids are going to need to stay out of school for X amount of time, these stores are going to get hit up.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Well yeah. If they start saying that kids are going to need to stay out of school for X amount of time, these stores are going to get hit up.
No doubt. But 61 million Americans got the swine flu, and no one gave a fukk because there weren’t twitter threads dedicated to it being posted across ever message board and social media platform from every swinging dikk in the medical field. It reaches more people, which is a good thing because awareness is raised, but also a bad thing because straight panic is the result

Chronic

All Star
Daps
:skip:
Is it symbolic that three former great ancient empires, China, Persia, and Rome are catalyst for the spread of this plague?
5812fa7116c2125beb2d24fbf4a4505c.jpg

simurg.jpg

1200px-Flag_of_China_%281889%E2%80%931912%29.svg.png

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No doubt. But 61 million Americans got the swine flu, and no one gave a fukk because there weren’t twitter threads dedicated to it being posted across ever message board and social media platform from every swinging dikk in the medical field. It reaches more people, which is a good thing because awareness is raised, but also a bad thing because straight panic is the result

No, because the death rate was 0.02% i.e. around 100 to 200 times less than this. And possibly even less depending on what happens next.

And then this has other complications like (seeming) reinfection.
pGDJegyl.png

You think the Chinese government's unprecedented actions are because of social media? It is governmental action which shows it is serious.

"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do"