COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Chronic

All Star
Daps
14840 cases today in China with 242 deaths...
China have several separate categories for patients
  • Confirmed: patients that test come out positive
  • Suspected: patients that exhibit symptoms but haven't been tested yet
  • Clinically diagnosed: Suspected patients that haven't been tested but CT scan result exhibit signs of pneumonia that consistent with COVID-19
  • Under medical observation: people that have contact with confirmed patients but haven't exhibit symptoms
The jump in confirmed patients seems because they decided to merge Clinically Diagnosed cases with Confirmed cases. I'm more concerned with the number of deaths though, does this mean the number of deaths increase overnight? Or they decided to add Clinically Diagnosed patients who died to the tally while previously they only count Confirmed patient's deaths

Last edited:

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
14840 cases today in China with 242 deaths...

Damn. Thought you meant current TOTAL is 14840, but that's how many NEW cases they confirmed TODAY alone. It had been increasing by like 2k a day

Wonder if the huge 1 day jump is in part due to increased testing capacity

edit: ^poster above is right. They started including cases based on symptoms that haven't been lab tested/confirmed yet.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coronavirus: Can it spread via door handles? And other questions
11 February 2020

k0PtfM8l.png

:picard:
2X3OB4Ll.png

:sadcam:
IMuZE3El.png

:hamster:

NHt5uayl.png

:leon:

nwh86GLl.png

That’s a lot to unpack!!

I just read this on the NYT

“A Japanese official tested positive after surveying passengers on a ship being held under quarantine in the port of Yokohama.”

this from my understanding was with them having full protective gear!! :gucci:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some perspective the h1n1 that killed 100-500k globally that started in the good ole usa. Not sure if people around the world were hating on Americans or had this sort of reaction. I certainly dont remember that being the case

2009 H1N1 Pandemic