Court rules that only US government can sue to enforce Voting Rights Act

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
The right is a plague on society. It's getting worse and worse. Something needs to be done, but this hard right trend seems to be sweeping the globe. I don't understand it, but apparently it speaks to a large segment of the population.
With the current system it won't. The opposition rarely puts up an effective fight.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The right is a plague on society. It's getting worse and worse. Something needs to be done, but this hard right trend seems to be sweeping the globe. I don't understand it, but apparently it speaks to a large segment of the population.

Cacs are afraid of immigration.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
the right-wing supreme court will uphold this ruling, thats their entire strategy. bring lawsuits that seem unwinnable but with the ultimate goal of appealing it in a higher court with their ideological peers in power to give them a favorable ruling.
I'm not so sure

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Meanwhile President Magoo is too busy napping to bother making this a campaign issue:

EDIT: I used to make fun of how much time Trump spent on vacation (like all Republican Presidents). Biden is the first recent Democratic President to break the vacation record and he still has a year to go :scust:

Last edited:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
So are the Democrats gonna run some voter suppression or are they just gonna complain about the Republicans doing it while they let their constituents get hoed with no clapback :jbhmm:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
So democrats can’t hide behind not having full control of the house and senate?

When does Biden file his first lawsuit? I know a few places that need him.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

My thought is citizens and private organizations shouldnt need to sue over voting rights in the first place. Seems like something the democrats should be handling on our behalf if they want minority votes so bad.

I get thats a problem if you live in a racist red state where dems have very little power. But you probably shouldve moved by now,or should be working on it.

Either way voting wont save us anyway. Especially if we arent willing to leverage it as a collective. Time to start focusing on god,culture changes,and change of scenery by planning to leave the country. Everything going according to plan,its a scenario we cant lose in the long run.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
My thought is citizens and private organizations shouldnt need to sue over voting rights in the first place. Seems like something the democrats should be handling on our behalf if they want minority votes so bad.

I get thats a problem if you live in a racist red state where dems have very little power. But you probably shouldve moved by now,or should be working on it.

Either way voting wont save us anyway. Especially if we arent willing to leverage it as a collective. Time to start focusing on god,culture changes,and change of scenery by planning to leave the country. Everything going according to plan,its a scenario we cant lose in the long run.

You are a fleeing tether I'm not going anywhere.