Countries You Didn't Know Were Full Of Black Ppl

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Before I knew much about different "Latinos" I went to Dominican Republic.

I was tripping that the people all looked like light skin Black people. And I am one of those light skin Black people so they all thought I was one of them.

They laughed when I said I didn't speak Spanish like they thought I was kidding.

Since then I have become more educated on the subject so I realize my impression at the time was .. narrow minded?
I was there last month. Tripped me out because most of the Dominicans I saw were straight up black. Oddly enough it was mostly the women that were lighter.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
What I will say tho, is that the Black Central Americans seem to be more a product of West Indian immigration than Spanish slavery, that's why they speak English and have English surnames. They have more of a Belizean or Guyanese vibe than a Dominican or Puerto Rican vibe if you get what I'm saying. Chalk it up to ignorance I guess.
West Indians and the Building of the Panama Canal

May 14, the DC premiere of the film Panama Stories will be presented at IDB headquarters. The film will feature five stories based on the lives of everyday people affected by the Canal over the course of 100 years. Producers Pablo Schverdfinger and Pituka Ortega as well as Jamaican writer Olive Senior will be at the showing.

In 1833, the British Emancipation Act abolished slavery throughout the British Empire. With the onset of the construction of the Panama Railroad in 1850, thousands of Caribbean West Indians began to migrate en masse in search of a better life. Caribbean West Indians came to Panama in the 1850’s to help build the railroads and an even larger wave began to arrive in the 1880’s to begin construction on the canal. It is recorded that under French control of the canal project 12,875 laborers were on the payrolls of which 10,844 were British West Indians: 9,005 Jamaicans, 1,344 Barbadians and 495 St. Lucians1.

Caribbean West Indians lured by the opportunity of lucrative work and the promise of wealth were confronted by a very different reality upon arrival in Panama. Workers held many different jobs in the canal zone and they were faced with appalling living conditions, disease, and rugged terrain. The foreign owned corporations building the Panama Canal established segregated communities which later caused conflicts in Spanish speaking Catholic Panama. The Caribbean West Indians were English speaking Protestants who were of African descent yet class conscious British subjects. In 1920, six years after the completion of the Canal, authorities estimated that there were 70,000 West Indians in Panama.

But the clash of cultures, a 1926 restrictive immigration law and the Great Depression caused many of these West Indians to be on the move again.

Do you know some of the descendants and where they are today? Could you be one of them?

[1] Dying to Better Themselves: West Indians and the Building of the Panama Canal, Author, Olive Senior – September 30, 2014

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Colombia...i went there this past summer at a resort.

Now, I knew that there were black people there...but when i finally went, we went through whole neighborhoods and towns with nothing but black folks...and then when we got to the resort, all the workers were clearly black...they all spoke fluent spanish...and a lot of them were shocked to see me and my wife (the only black couple there)...and chatted us up all the time
I think I made a thread on it. I shared my album too.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...key=M3JJcWZXQ2ZIdTVvay0zaU5tZGwza3hrMGtQczN3\

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=RWs5SG1CR3gxbGhiVHhZV0xoUlJFSkZmaTlkZ2R3

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=djZpUnphQlhDb2xpR3duZndYMEItOHdyWktDVE53

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=aWJPZTdWZHRJeE1YMEVSTlVMZ1dpS2Q4bGZPYV9n

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Nah, it’s Mott Haven.

Never heard of a Honduran Crip set you might be confusing them with the Belizeans? Many Afro-Belizeans are also Garifuna.

All Belizean in the states are virtually all black but I was speaking on tremont. I remember my boy from uptown who i did an interview for a class project told me in the interview that tremont was filled with black Honduran crips.

but I do know Honduran is a large group in the Bronx.

my friend from uptown didn’t like Hondurans from Tremont. He’s Jamaican

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
What part? guangzhou?

And by what I’ve read, China is more racist then any European country save Italy.
that's where I was Guangzhou...

... i jus wanted to see my beats by liu kang spot

i didn't notice racism...on the cool ...not like i was looking 4 em
nppl asked me every 5 mins to take a picture with them when that gold grin sparkled..:ooh:

Daps
Whaaaat? I’ve read that most of the African migrants were in Southern China. Also heard that people in Beijing we’re more “snobbish” then in the south. fukk, I just need to go there.
Of course there’s racism… like anywhere
but when I was there I didn’t experience anything I doubt it’s more racist than some of these Nazi hotbed anti immigrant countries in Eastern Europe.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Hondurans are deep in NYC it’s a group called Garifuna.

South Bronx especially Mott Haven and in Brooklyn in Brownsville and East New York.

The Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores, IG comedian Kapri Fernandez, rappers like Coach da Ghost, podcaster Taxstone all part of that ethnic group.

Yeah that shiit tripped me out, half off them folks in the Ville,got Spanish last names