Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Tron Carter

Rookie
Daps
I agree with this Rell, but dont you think we got away from what worked last year because we didnt have the personel? As a fan base, we underestimate the loss of Spray Tan. I was reading a post on CZ which compared his 2014 vs DMC 2015 and he outperformed DMC by a wide margin. Yes the circumstances werent the same (Murray had a healthy Romo and Dez the entire season), but we werent getting that type of production from Mcfadden.

I look at this offense and see needs at:

WR2
WR3
RB
Backup RB
RT

Dont get me wrong, I know defense we have more needs, but remember we went 12-4 with worse personel on defense the year before.

McFadden gave us a 1000+ yard season in a one dimensional offense. Every defense knew we couldn't throw the ball and would simply stack the box. I'd say that's impressive considering he didn't get heavy reps until week 6 or 7..

Gotta respect DMC and the O-Line. If Romo was healthy DMC would've had a pro bowl season. The circumstances were WAY different. RBs are expendable now a days. I wouldn't mind sticking with a cheap guy.. I wanna see McFadden in a potent healthy offense.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I agree with this Rell, but dont you think we got away from what worked last year because we didnt have the personel? As a fan base, we underestimate the loss of Spray Tan. I was reading a post on CZ which compared his 2014 vs DMC 2015 and he outperformed DMC by a wide margin. Yes the circumstances werent the same (Murray had a healthy Romo and Dez the entire season), but we werent getting that type of production from Mcfadden.

I look at this offense and see needs at:

Backup QB
WR2
WR3
RB
Backup RB
RT

Dont get me wrong, I know defense we have more needs, but remember we went 12-4 with worse personel on defense the year before.
Yes he did as evident by his almost 800yds more of rushing, however Murray was the starter from day 1 whereas DMC wasn't the starter until week 6. As for receiver we need 1 WR to go alongside Dez and push T-Will to be more consistent, the other stuff on your list can be found in the later rounds but not with the #4 pick.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
McFadden gave us a 1000+ yard season in a one dimensional offense. Every defense knew we couldn't throw the ball and would simply stack the box. I'd say that's impressive considering he didn't get heavy reps until week 6 or 7..

Gotta respect DMC and the O-Line. If Romo was healthy DMC would've had a pro bowl season. The circumstances were WAY different. RBs are expendable now a days. I wouldn't mind sticking with a cheap guy.. I wanna see McFadden in a potent healthy offense.
He gave us 1000 yds but only 3 touchdowns :patrice:

We couldnt convert a 3rd and short at all last year as well, with our elite OL.

On top of all of that, this guy can never stay healthy, and he didnt start at the beginning of the season is because he was hurt most of training camp.
Yes he did as evident by his almost 800yds more of rushing, however Murray was the starter from day 1 whereas DMC wasn't the starter until week 6. As for receiver we need 1 WR to go alongside Dez and push T-Will to be more consistent, the other stuff on your list can be found in the later rounds but not with the #4 pick.
Why do we conveniently leave out McFaddens lack of TDs and his 3rd and short conversion rate when we bring up his season last year?

As far as the other needs, you really expect this front office to be able to find gems in the later rounds :beli:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

On top of all of that, this guy can never stay healthy, and he didnt start at the beginning of the season is because he was hurt most of training camp.

Why do we conveniently leave out McFaddens lack of TDs and his 3rd and short conversion rate when we bring up his season last year?

As far as the other needs, you really expect this front office to be able to find gems in the later rounds :beli:
Maybe because the lack of tds and conversions go back to Garrett and his playcalling, Turbin converted 3rd downs and it's not like McFadden didn't convert any. As for late rounds 3-5 is where you make your team, rounds 1-2 are blue chip easy picks rounds and 6-7 are crap shoot/practice squad players. The Cowboys are good at finding talented players in the 3-4th rounds and they were lucky they drafted Hitchens since Lee got hurt shortly after. Frankly we're just spinning our wheels because things will change dramatically after the combine.

Tron Carter

Rookie
Daps

Those 3 TDs look good when you look at every one else's touchdown totals. Bad quarterback play will do that to you. We couldn't convert in any third down situation no matter if it was short or long. Need 7 yards Weeden/Cassel would throw for 6.

We went into the year with the intentions of having Randle as our guy. He had to get his crack at it first. McFadden was probably healthy enough early on to get a larger work load but he had to split time.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott wants to be drafted by Cowboys

:jbhmm:

Definitely not at 4 tho. Ive been sayin trade back. One of yall mentioned the rams at 15 who have two 2nds. Id do that in a beat if they would also add on next years 1st.

Thats 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, all 47 th and below. RB DB QB DL no order. Wouldnt mind doctson either

@smitty22 your boy knows whats good

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps