Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the bulk of this draft/FA isn't defense, this staff will prove to me that they're inept for sure.

Sure up that defense, get a couple offensive guys and let's get back to ballin
Both sides have glaring needs. We need frees replacement, twills replacement, wittens replacement, possibly another running back and definitely a qb.

So many needs, so little resources:francis:

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, Myles Jack supposed to be another Darren Woodson? :ld: College linebacker turn NFL safety.

8467-859359Fr.jpg

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Both sides have glaring needs. We need frees replacement, twills replacement, wittens replacement, possibly another running back and definitely a qb.

So many needs, so little resources:francis:
Chaz Green
Brice Butler
Escobar

McFadden really proved that the Oline is on plug and play mode. So RB isn't a drastic need. We can grab a QB but I'm not thrilled about taking one that's gonna sit for a few years, with a high pick. The draft to do that was was last year but we fukked that up. Too many glaring needs this season

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Chaz Green
Brice Butler
Escobar

McFadden really proved that the Oline is on plug and play mode. So RB isn't a drastic need. We can grab a QB but I'm not thrilled about taking one that's gonna sit for a few years, with a high pick. The draft to do that was was last year but we fukked that up. Too many glaring needs this season
All the needs are on the defensive side of the ball and that's DL, LB, & S. It's unrealistic to think they can fix everything in the draft so let's just concentrate on the biggest issue, getting a legit DT will fix a lot of the issues on D since a better pass rush will always help the secondary. Offense can be addressed in FA & the late rounds of the draft.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chaz Green
Brice Butler
Escobar

Butler aint movingnup. From the coaching staff all the way up to stephen jones have all voiced that he doent works hard enough to get better and his preparation skills are weak. He was in the doghouse most of all last season with us. Im still on board with bpa in the draft....

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dline philosphy is fukked up. Dt isnt a big concern. They just want athletes on the lines. The one technique isnt a huge deal to them.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
:heh: At our holes only being on the defensive side. Our offense and special teams were woat last year. And before anyone says Romo was hurt, our offense didnt look good in any of the games he played :shaq2:

Tron Carter

Rookie
Daps
:heh: At our holes only being on the defensive side. Our offense and special teams were woat last year. And before anyone says Romo was hurt, our offense didnt look good in any of the games he played :shaq2:

To be fair the offense never really got the opportunity to get into a rhythm last season. I wouldn't even consider any other game outside of the Giants game to measure success. Romo led us down for the game winner in that one.

Got hurt in the Philly game. Miami game it was pouring rain most of the time and it was Romos first game back. Carolina game we wasn't readddddyyy. Its the same offense we had the year before minus Murray. It's been successful. I wouldn't mind another WR tho.

All the needs are on the defensive side of the ball and that's DL, LB, & S. It's unrealistic to think they can fix everything in the draft so let's just concentrate on the biggest issue, getting a legit DT will fix a lot of the issues on D since a better pass rush will always help the secondary. Offense can be addressed in FA & the late rounds of the draft.

Don't forget corner!!!! Gonna need one if we let Carr and Moe walk.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That's because they went away from what worked last year, the running game was fine as evident with the 10min drive to open the season. There was no consistency and that RBBC was a complete joke. The D couldn't get pressure up the middle because Crawford was hurt and they don't have a true DT, getting pressure up the middle will make the secondaries job a lot easier. ST was a problem until Whitehead finally came on and he looked good as a returner.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
That's because they went away from what worked last year, the running game was fine as evident with the 10min drive to open the season. There was no consistency and that RBBC was a complete joke. The D couldn't get pressure up the middle because Crawford was hurt and they don't have a true DT, getting pressure up the middle will make the secondaries job a lot easier. ST was a problem until Whitehead finally came on and he looked good as a returner.
I agree with this Rell, but dont you think we got away from what worked last year because we didnt have the personel? As a fan base, we underestimate the loss of Spray Tan. I was reading a post on CZ which compared his 2014 vs DMC 2015 and he outperformed DMC by a wide margin. Yes the circumstances werent the same (Murray had a healthy Romo and Dez the entire season), but we werent getting that type of production from Mcfadden.

I look at this offense and see needs at:

Backup QB
WR2
WR3
RB
Backup RB
RT

Dont get me wrong, I know defense we have more needs, but remember we went 12-4 with worse personel on defense the year before.