Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still dont see a need to stress receiver. If Dez gets hurt were fukked anyway. Thats why I said lucky gotta go. We need a demarcus ayers type return man who has the talent to be a real receiver. Lucky is a slot guy only and we already have a slot guy only in Beasley. Makes no sense to have both. Lucky will find another job but he gotta go yall. :yeshrug:

Tron Carter

Rookie
Daps
Y'all keep shytting on Escobar but look who's coaching him. People thought Bennett wasn't shyt and look how that turned out.

The Escobar pick was shyt. Guys like Le'Veon and Jamie Collins were still on the board. How many times they gonna take a tight end in the 2nd to play behind Witten before they realize it ain't workin. (Fasano,Bennett,Escobar)

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I still dont see a need to stress receiver. If Dez gets hurt were fukked anyway. Thats why I said lucky gotta go. We need a demarcus ayers type return man who has the talent to be a real receiver. Lucky is a slot guy only and we already have a slot guy only in Beasley. Makes no sense to have both. Lucky will find another job but he gotta go yall. :yeshrug:
I dont know, Beasley was a huge disappointment this year. I'm not so sure Lucky isn't a better player.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
We honestly don't know what Lucky is, notice how quickly defensive players develop vs the offensive players on this team. This staff just saw Harris as a return man and he's actually a good receiver.
The Escobar pick was shyt. Guys like Le'Veon and Jamie Collins were still on the board. How many times they gonna take a tight end in the 2nd to play behind Witten before they realize it ain't workin. (Fasano,Bennett,Escobar)
So we're going to act like we knew Collins was going to be a stud player? Again if Garrett knew what he was doing we never would've gotten rid of Bennett. Escobar has made plays but they refuse to use him consistently.

Last edited:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know, Beasley was a huge disappointment this year. I'm not so sure Lucky isn't a better player.
We both know Cole aint going nowhere thats why I didnt even entertain that. I gotta see more lucky in the slot to say he's better as a wr though.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We honestly don't know what Lucky is, notice how quickly defensive players develop vs the offensive players on this team. This staff just saw Harris as a return man and he's actually a good receiver.
That nikka frail as fukk though breh. Harris was thick no homo. You saw how beast he was as a gunner. Lucky aint bout that sp teams tackle life.

Tron Carter

Rookie
Daps

So we're going to act like we knew Collins was going to be a stud player? Again if Garrett knew what he was doing we never would've gotten rid of Bennett. Escobar has made plays but they refuse to use him consistently.

Ofcourse no one knew he would become a stud. That's not the point. We didn't need to take Escobar when we took him. Wasnt necessary to take a TE in the 2nd when it's failed twice already and there were more helpful options on the board. Garrett let Bennett go because he didn't find the end zone for 3 years. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Romo having no trust outside of Witten when it comes to tight ends. Still... No need to make the same mistake over and over when this team has had defensive needs for quite awhile.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I don't care who comes on this offense seeing as how Garrett's playbook is the one that is being used. So we can get Treadwell all we want. My thing on that is....so?

Will it be Jerry the GM's last year?

Spade, I dont get this line of thinking. We all know that JG is here for at least this year, and Jerry isnt relinquishing GM duties, but us fans cant have our own opinions and hope to improve the roster?

The way I look at it, If we dont make the playoffs, this whole regime is gone and we start over with a new HC next year and a whole new system. Grabbing talent in the draft isnt about now, its about the future of the team. Twill is a free agent after this season and we most likely wont be re-signing him, so yes WR is a huge need on this team.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats why I said lucky gotta go. We need a demarcus ayers type return man who has the talent to be a real receiver.
Lucky was a rookie last yr breh so there's no telling what kinda WR he can be. Let's see how he develops and works this offseason. Him n Dez cool so hopefully Dez is working with him. But saying he gotta go you trippin

I gotta see more lucky in the slot to say he's better as a wr though.
Then you come and admit you haven't seen enough of him in the slot to even know what he is, but he gotta go?:why:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Spade, I dont get this line of thinking. We all know that JG is here for at least this year, and Jerry isnt relinquishing GM duties, but us fans cant have our own opinions and hope to improve the roster?

The way I look at it, If we dont make the playoffs, this whole regime is gone and we start over with a new HC next year and a whole new system. Grabbing talent in the draft isnt about now, its about the future of the team. Twill is a free agent after this season and we most likely wont be re-signing him, so yes WR is a huge need on this team.
I never said one couldn't give their opinions and improve the roster at all. By all means, continue the discussion. I'm just not feeling this coaching staff at all. Nearly 10 years of mediocrity with Jason Garrett here and it's gotten stale. Yes, great season in 2014. Unfortunately, only good season since 2009. I go right on along with improving the roster. But who is picking the players and who is coaching them brings my excitement down. And it's the inconsistency too. One minute, they start acting like they get it. The next minute, you're like it's the same shyt that we have seen since 1996.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucky was a rookie last yr breh so there's no telling what kinda WR he can be. Let's see how he develops and works this offseason. Him n Dez cool so hopefully Dez is working with him. But saying he gotta go you trippin

Then you come and admit you haven't seen enough of him in the slot to even know what he is, but he gotta go?:why:
I said that in regards to him vs Beasley. They are the same and one has to go imo. I hope he proves me wrong though.