Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Why you want a safety when we already got Jones?

We need two safeties, Wilcox and Church both need to be replaced. I like the versatility of having two guys back there who can bounce back and forth between safety and corner (Although id ideally like them staying at one spot)

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I also find it interesting that no Dallas media member is confirming chatsports report of Lawrence being suspended.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Demarcus Lawrence suspended for failed drug test :martin::martin:
1g6jyc.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We need two safeties, Wilcox and Church both need to be replaced. I like the versatility of having two guys back there who can bounce back and forth between safety and corner (Although id ideally like them staying at one spot)
Man that "versatility" sounds good but these dudes are the same cat to me. Both of them allegedly can play both but damn near everybody that follows and does this shyt full time say they both better at safety. With Jones even though it was only 1 yr dude I didn't like what I saw of dude at cb. Safety was cool but I don't think neither dude is as versatile as they say.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man that "versatility" sounds good but these dudes are the same cat to me. Both of them allegedly can play both but damn near everybody that follows and does this shyt full time say they both better at safety. With Jones even though it was only 1 yr dude I didn't like what I saw of dude at cb. Safety was cool but I don't think neither dude is as versatile as they say.

Even if that's the case, what's wrong with having two safeties locked up for the next decade who can cover just about any WR or TE

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Even if that's the case, what's wrong with having two safeties locked up for the next decade who can cover just about any WR or TE
Depends on your draft views IMO. If you one of these we don't draft RB because of value don't know how this is any different. If your not I just don't see the need when we don't IMO need the all star safety backfield with two 1st rd picks back to back. I think another position would be better served

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Depends on your draft views IMO. If you one of these we don't draft RB because of value don't know how this is any different. If your not I just don't see the need when we don't IMO need the all star safety backfield with two 1st rd picks back to back. I think another position would be better served

I don't think it's the same cuz to me I'm in the no RB camp because we already invested so much in the offensive line. I would agree about not needing to invest in DB if we made a similar investment in the d-line, but let's face it, our entire defensive drafting has pretty much been shyt.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt San Diego trade out.

They're drafting Tunsil and we're drafting Ramsey. :wow:

I'm the first Cowboys fan on Coli that wanted Ramsey since the middle of the season. :ehh:

And Jerruh isn't going to draft another Defensive End with drug problems in Joey Bosa.

So, it's Ramsy with a Star on his helmet. :blessed:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I doubt San Diego trade out.

They're drafting Tunsil and we're drafting Ramsey. :wow:

I'm the first Cowboys fan on Coli that wanted Ramsey since the middle of the season. :ehh:

And Jerruh isn't going to draft another Defensive End with drug problems in Joey Bosa.

So, it's Ramsy with a Star on his helmet. :blessed:
Want Ramsey but don't want Jones who is the same exact player? Scout you are not

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
These cheap b*stards have no foresight at all. We could've signed Lamar Miller, traded down in the draft and built a real bully on defense. Im talking Billings, Spence/Nkemdiche, and a Karl Joseph type.

They went bargain shopping with Morris. Having him and McFadden is redundant if they draft Elliott. The problem is he's too good a prospect to pass up. This all could've been avoided if they werent penny pinching