Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yeah, Zeke's 50 carries and 10 receptions on the year would really have an immediate impact :camby:
giphy.gif

Breh would have 50 carries in 3 games

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

I think he is a good prospect. He has a better arm than people think and he has terrific athleticism for a QB. He's smart, tough, and a competitor. The type of traits you see a lot in players from the bayou.

He started running a more 'pro style offense' last year which I like. (Basically it's where you scan one side of the field before your back foot hits and then function in the pocket scanning both sides of the field and looking off defenders while avoiding the rush.) Compare that with say RG3 or Petty last year who do one maybe two reads on a scripted pass option play out of a super spread out formation. NFL pocket passers are looking at a constantly evolving circumstance. He showed somewhat of a knack for it so he has that going for him.

A lot of people say he regressed in 2015 from '14 but his completion percentage and TD:INT ratio improved. They lost Gabe Jackson in 2014 and then both senior OT and the other OG this past year. Prescott faced a lot more pressure. He is pretty accurate, the main negative is his reaction to the rush. When he gets hurried he tends to panic where his mind/mechanics go in the toilet.

He's a day 3 pick. Big project imo but not as big as some of the scrubs we've tried to develop in the past. He has a little of the "it" factor, so I could see him doing pretty well. Personally I'd rather have one of the top 3 guys.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Well, you see, it's all about the process, and Darren had a great week of practice and we think he gives us the best chance to compete on Sunday.
I would actually perfer that darren get the bulk of the carries at first so zeke gets acclimated then feasts the second half of the year. Have them both getting around 15 carries with morris as a short yardage back. Like dunbar but breh is replacable with his injury concerns. Dude could be a huge asset out the backfield but he cant stay on the field

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I would actually perfer that darren get the bulk of the carries at first so zeke gets acclimated then feasts the second half of the year. Have them both getting around 15 carries with morris as a short yardage back. Like dunbar but breh is replacable with his injury concerns. Dude could be a huge asset out the backfield but he cant stay on the field
Zeke and 15 carries :dame:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Just for this year breh. We got to get that value from dmc last year.

He wont say much if we winning. 15 is still starter carries too. And its longevity. He wont be trippin when he averaging 5.5 ypc
I was just clowning. Zeke cool, he had to wait his turn at OSU behind Carlos Hyde

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Man :camby: with Mcfadden getting the bulk of the carries. Zeke comes in day 1 of training camp as the best back on this roster. Mcfadden isnt even a good fit for our ZBS
Im good either way. We can have two 1000 yard rushers who are rested and ready to go to war in the playoffs tho or a 1800 yard rusher who is spent by then is what im getting at