Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I get your point, but im not spending the 4th overall pick in the draft on someone just because he is a sure tackler. This team needs DEs and DTs that create havoc up front, or it wont matter who we have back there. Lets build our Dline the way we did our Oline and I guarantee you we'll have more success.

I also see you like Karl Joseph, so my question is why take him and Ramsey if that means Ramsey or Jones will play corner :jbhmm:
Because this team is more than likely going to keep trying to play Jones at both, and i can see them taking KJ and putting Jones at CB when Claiborne is gone after next season. Also Ramsey is more than a sure tackler, he's also a hard hitter and not the kind that will get flagged. I wouldn't mind building the D-line and the draft is heavy on defense this year, so that's why i snatch the most talented defensive player first and go DL in the second.

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
My breh, i been meaning to ask. What nfl team u root for? The browns? Or are u a boys fan? U best come back to the regular season thread. You an honorary cowboys fan with all the insight you been givin in here
Grew up a Cowboys fan but really haven't been into the nfl for a while now. Im a college football head. Mainly just follow my Buckeyes around the league and keep up with what they doing. I lived in Texas from 04-10 so got to hit up a lot of games while i was down there. Last game i got to go to was the 1st pre season game in the new stadium. Never fukked with Browns or Bengals.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
WTF!!! The 2 best LBs in the draft will probably never even step on the field. Looks like it will be Ramsey, Elliott, or Bosa.
Thats why i was telling yall id take Lee over them. Especially given the injuries that the Cowboys Lbs have recently. Why take the risk of someone who isn't 100%

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Im wit it :ehh:

img25366523.jpg

I was watching A Football Life "The Wall" when I made that post. Niggga that line was :wow:

Emmitt sitting back laughing talkin bout "we called the power play 6 times in a row"

Garrett talking bout how they broke the other team dline's "will"---the same shyt he's preaching as the HC of this team.

I do think Chaz Green can be a stud at RT tho so I'm BSn about Tunsil, I think :lupe:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The line is not responsible for the secondary taking bad angles.

Cowboys having back 2 back early 2nd round picks:ohhh:
33. Karl Joseph
34. Andrew Billings
76. 12 Gauge
I'd be ecstatic:wow: Wouldn't even care who we get in the first

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Taking the best player in the draft is a bad idea :jbhmm:
We have 4 elite olinemen.

What is the point of having 5?

Are we trying to be the Phoenix Suns of the NFL and just load up on one position?

And again, we won't even be able to pay all our olinemen once their rookie deals are up. No team gives out FIVE mega contracts for five starting OL.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
We have 4 elite olinemen.

What is the point of having 5?

Are we trying to be the Phoenix Suns of the NFL and just load up on one position?

And again, we won't even be able to pay all our olinemen once their rookie deals are up. No team gives out FIVE mega contracts for five starting OL.
So say we are sitting at 4 and the picks before us went:
1-Wentz
2- Goff :mjcry:
3- Ramsey

Now we sitting at 4 and no one wants to trade up because the Qbs are gone. Who are you taking?

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So say we are sitting at 4 and the picks before us went:
1-Wentz
2- Goff :mjcry:
3- Ramsey

Now we sitting at 4 and no one wants to trade up because the Qbs are gone. Who are you taking?
A QB will be available.

Browns won't draft one after signing RG3. They will give him a shot and take an elite player at 2 who can help the team ASAP.

Please take a QB, Jerruh :feedme:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Breh I pray u are rite :ld:

The meltdown in the draft thread tho if that happens :bryan:
I really think the reason they went out and signed RG3 was so that they don't NEED to draft a QB at 2.

Signing him gives them the luxury of taking an immediate impact player and seeing what RG3 has. Worst case scenario, they're picking top 5 again next year.