Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Th3Birdman educate the brehs in here :salute:

I agree with the breh :skip:

You almost NEVER see people with tattoos, and if you do see them and you're a Black man, you're probably dealing with a gaijin hunter. These women tend to (but not always) dislike the traditions of their own culture and act out by tanning their skin, braiding their hair and yes, getting tattoos.

I got my tatt done in Japan by an artist that told me with his own mouth that he inks Yakuza members. Hell, that was specifically why I chose him, because I personally love Ukiyo-e art, and that's what Japanese mafia members get tatted.

However, what I have heard from Japanese people themselves is they don't even think twice when a foreign-looking person has a tattoo. They chalk it up to the game.

But if you Asian and you got a tatt, they say you scare them. It is what it is.

:yeshrug:

As far as the topic is concerned, your mileage in Japan may vary. Y'all have to understand that everywhere has its positives and negatives. For me personally, Japan's positives outweigh any negatives that I've seen.

You have to also factor in the fact that nikkas go to Asia acting a goddamn fool and are usually not willing to assimilate into a country where assimilation is hardcorded into the culture. So y'all will go over there speaking English, inconveniencing the natives and refuse to learn the language and come out wondering why you had a bad experience. This ain't like LA which is friendly to Mexicans that don't speak a lick of English.

This is not anime. There ain't no dub or no subtitles. Learn the language, learn the nuances of the culture, you'll be good. Will you face some racism? It's possible. I have yet to experience racism in Japan myself, but I hear stories.

If you Black and grew up in America, we face racism that is actually deadly. Japan is a fukking paradise in comparison.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I agree with the breh :skip:

You almost NEVER see people with tattoos, and if you do see them and you're a Black man, you're probably dealing with a gaijin hunter. These women tend to (but not always) dislike the traditions of their own culture and act out by tanning their skin, braiding their hair and yes, getting tattoos.

I got my tatt done in Japan by an artist that told me with his own mouth that he inks Yakuza members. Hell, that was specifically why I chose him, because I personally love Ukiyo-e art, and that's what Japanese mafia members get tatted.

However, what I have heard from Japanese people themselves is they don't even think twice when a foreign-looking person has a tattoo. They chalk it up to the game.

But if you Asian and you got a tatt, they say you scare them. It is what it is.

:yeshrug:

As far as the topic is concerned, your mileage in Japan may vary. Y'all have to understand that everywhere has its positives and negatives. For me personally, Japan's positives outweigh any negatives that I've seen.

You have to also factor in the fact that nikkas go to Asia acting a goddamn fool and are usually not willing to assimilate into a country where assimilation is hardcorded into the culture. So y'all will go over there speaking English, inconveniencing the natives and refuse to learn the language and come out wondering why you had a bad experience. This ain't like LA which is friendly to Mexicans that don't speak a lick of English.

This is not anime. There ain't no dub or no subtitles. Learn the language, learn the nuances of the culture, you'll be good. Will you face some racism? It's possible. I have yet to experience racism in Japan myself, but I hear stories.

If you Black and grew up in America, we face racism that is actually deadly. Japan is a fukking paradise in comparison.
This why I tap in with you breh.. def didn’t know that about the locals when it comes to tats because it was specially a yakuza thing.. but I def knew Kinda about Big body benzes in Japan you already know that was that was a status symbol of the yakuza

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This why I tap in with you breh.. def didn’t know that about the locals when it comes to tats because it was specially a yakuza thing.. but I def knew Kinda about Big body benzes in Japan you already know that was that was a status symbol of the yakuza

Yeah they specifically associate (Asians with) tattoos with the Yakuza. It's borderline brainwashing at this point, but I get it-- the Yakuza been terrorizing them folks since the 1600s.

THE SIXTEEN HUNDREDS my nikka :picard:

The Yakuza infiltrated a lot of their infrastructure, including politics and television. Hell, today (May 19th) is a part of a celebration in Tokyo called the Sanja Matsuri where the Yakuza participate in the festivities. I saw them myself two years ago.

It's fukking fascinating. Y'all think I like Japan because of the women (and I do :mjgrin:), but my main interest is in the history and art. Ancient civilization with buildings from the Edo period standing next to modern skyscrapers.

:wow:

Ain't NOTHING like Japan, fam.

IMG-0338.jpg