Cosmopolitan: "Creed" franchise is full of toxic masculinity & is oppressive to women

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Yes you dumb bytch, he ignores his wife's concerns and fights drago anyway, that's called a character flaw, which is a staple of any decent story. And his wife having a baby is thrown to the backburner? It was a major point of the film. Was she expecting it to be the focal point of a boxing movie? It's like these people are so politicized, that they can't understand simple concepts anymore.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
As he should be, and it's centered around a male dominated sport.Maybe she feel like women should play a active role in the movie.
There’s no point in arguing but just to reiterate my point, this woman is complaining that creed was the main focus of a movie that’s completely centered around his character. Haven’t seen the movie yet but there’s clearly at least 2 female characters who have an active role, his mother and girlfriend. Arguing that they weren’t made the main focus while crying “toxic masculinity” seems forced and irrational.
I’m sure they would’ve loved it if Creed was a gay black male and the black female character slept with Drago instead. :mjlol:
:ohhh:A shea butter fantasy.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes you dumb bytch, he ignores his wife's concerns and fights drago anyway, that's called a character flaw, which is a staple of any decent story. And his wife having a baby is thrown to the backburner? It was a major point of the film. Was she expecting it to be the focal point of a boxing movie? It's like these people are so politicized, that they can't understand simple concepts anymore.

This shyt will continue. The attack on men and masculinity. I posted something about international men's day the other day on Facebook and I was attacked by a couple of men on the topic. I did the same thing for women's day and nothing but praise.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt will continue. The attack on men and masculinity. I posted something about international men's day the other day on Facebook and I was attacked by a couple of men on the topic. I did the same thing for women's day and nothing but praise.
It’s not an attack on men, it’s an attack on black men. What they really want is a completely neutered/homo black male which is their ultimate dream. Toxic “masculinity” is basically toxic black masculinity.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Lmao they mad that Pawg B Jordan's movie is getting more attention/gonna make more money than the Bedwench Viola's movie :russ:
Same when wrinkile in time came out

For some reason they are losing this social experiment.

Must be nature reigning supreme in the collective consciousness:wow:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Unbeatable, unbreakable...#thepattern :wow:
Get turned into agent smith hivemind, breh(ette)s.
:mjcry:

Time to check her background for:
Possible White Sorority/Fraternal organization membership
Upper Middle Class Tokenism
combined with (2nd gen Caribbean, West Af. or "old money AA" background:mjpls:)
Media Job
3rd Wave "black" feminism.:mjpls:
Misandrist buzzword/portmanteau overuse: misogynoir, "toxic" _____,
"trash":trash:

"Carefree" Black.:mjpls:
Dhalsim reaching articles for WHITE PUBLICATIONS :mjpls:
and more...
:sas2:

I just looked up her linkedin. She’s not a sorority member. She’s just another feminist.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
As he should be, and it's centered around a male dominated sport.Maybe she feel like women should play a active role in the movie.

His Wife Bianca and his Mother are his two foundations in this film and seeks approval before making any big moves.

Having them hold pads and getting in his corner would be ridiculous...

To say they aren't important in this film is intellectually dishonest....

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Keep that same energy for Stallone ho. I need you to go back to 1976 for the first flick and KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY.

That scene in his apartment was fukking rapey he stopped Adrian from leaving then talked her into fukking

Let's talk about it :mjgrin:

His Wife Bianca and his Mother are his two foundations in this film and seeks approval before making any big moves.

Having them hold pads and getting in his corner would be ridiculous...

To say they aren't important in this film is intellectually dishonest....
She and the tweeter didn't watch either movie