Corporate Peeps: Fade vs Haircut

TheGreatOne

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Friend of mine who works at an IB told me that fades are not a good look in the professional world. Especially when you're tryin' to land a gig. Said they (White People) look at it as another ghetto kid tryin' to "make it". He said "People don't get fades. They get haircuts." Thoughts?

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Friend of mine who works at an IB told me that fades are not a good look in the professional world. Especially when you're tryin' to land a gig. Said they (White People) look at it as another ghetto kid tryin' to "make it". He said "People don't get fades. They get haircuts." Thoughts?

i was in corporate america for 14 years, and all i ever rocked was fades. i even had braids at one time. it's not the haircut, it's the individual and what you bring to the table. if a company tries to play you because of your hairstyle, that means that they are trying to find a reason to either fire you or not hire you at all.

:pacspit: on them....

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Fades are cool bro, dont stress, sh!t I got my first corporate job when I had long ass Braids LMAO

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Also that shave your beard bullshyt, fukk that, they wernt trippin. I guess if the company is super conservative these may be issues, but my experience (in houston) they are pretty lax.

TheGreatOne

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i was in corporate america for 14 years, and all i ever rocked was fades. i even had braids at one time. it's not the haircut, it's the individual and what you bring to the table. if a company tries to play you because of your hairstyle, that means that they are trying to find a reason to either fire you or not hire you at all.

:pacspit: on them....

Good shyt. He did say once you start getting paid and have a steady job you can fade it all you want. Dude just told me he noticed peeps looking at his hair when he was goin' on interviews. Got rid of the fade, got the gig. :ehh:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
What you want to do is be you...no matter what that is. Whether it is shaggy, unkempt, or clean cut, do you. Especially as a black person you want to weed out the people that will treat you some kind of way because you're different.

So you not getting that job because some guy doesn't like your haircut, is doing yourself the favor because he probably was going to be on some fukk shyt anyways. :win:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
As long as you don't have braid/dreads...you are good.....now I rock the fade from time to time..but I would not go in a interview with that

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What you want to do is be you...no matter what that is. Whether it is shaggy, unkempt, or clean cut, do you. Especially as a black person you want to weed out the people that will treat you some kind of way because you're different.

So you not getting that job because some guy doesn't like your haircut, is doing yourself the favor because he probably was going to be on some fukk shyt anyways. :win:

Unfortunately, this type of thinking...either it will take you twice as long to get a job...and when you do...it prolly wont be what you want

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Unfortunately, this type of thinking...either it will take you twice as long to get a job...and when you do...it prolly wont be what you want

If you know your stuff, you know your stuff. But you go head and do you, Toby :wow:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
If you know your stuff, you know your stuff. But you go head and do you, Toby :wow:
so getting a clean cut is considered being a tom? thinking like this is why our people are so lost. regardless if you know your shyt, it only takes one recruiter to pre-judge you and put you in the back of the line. why risk it? so you can keep your fade? :childplease:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
so getting a clean cut is considered being a tom? thinking like this is why our people are so lost. regardless if you know your shyt, it only takes one recruiter to pre-judge you and put you in the back of the line. why risk it? so you can keep your fade? :childplease:

Nice reading comprehension. Nah I'm playing, it's utter shyt.

You missed my whole entire point.

Never once did I say getting a clean cut is considered tommish.

Trying to get all black powerful on me...

fukk outta here scrap...:what:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Nice reading comprehension. Nah I'm playing, it's utter shyt.

You missed my whole entire point.

Never once did I say getting a clean cut is considered tommish.

Trying to get all black powerful on me...

fukk outta here scrap...:what:
black powerful? i can smell the mayonnaise on you from here.

to call someone toby b/c they feel it necessary to present themselves in a certain way to better their life is beyond ignorant. your username fits you well clown.