Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they need to revise this enforcement of social distancing and masks outdoors. it's not even possible to enforce, so why not just save it for strictly enforcing masks when you enter a building or a business

those videos of these fukkin pigs beating up people are disgusting :camby: and for what? so they can single out a handful of people? what is that even accomplishing?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Dutch government announced that next week hair/beauty salons and barbers can reopen. Starting June 1st restaurants may allow up to 30 people inside if they comply with distance of 1.5 meters between customers. Ten minutes after it was announced my dad calls to tell me he had immediately booked a restaurant for a family party originally scheduled for May on June 6th and also made reservation with a hair dresser next week.

I was just sitting there like :beli: knowing he'll hold it against me if I don't come to the party too.

Somehow more baffling is that as the Dutch government is allowing more people to use public transport again too they only now are making masks in public transport required. And then they wonder why people seem to believe that masks are a trade-off for social distancing rather than an and keep your distance, and wear a mask situation. :mindblown:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The mask thing is sort of an issue here, from what I see

went to a taco truck spot last night, that I go to a few times a week, and I forgot it was May 5th and packed with people, wearing masks, but hardly any keeping a distance

I'm not a lunatic about it, but it does seem like that is sort of the new normal going forward

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Mike Pompeo's intelligence basis for his Wuhan lab claims

by Tom Rogan
| May 06, 2020 04:19 PM

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has an unhelpfully antagonistic relationship with the media. Still, Pompeo has a legitimate Intelligence Community foundation for his assertions that a quarantine control failure at the Wuhan Institute of Virology was responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

That bears noting in light of the media criticism Pompeo is receiving for his comment that there is "enormous evidence" to suggest that the Wuhan lab is the outbreak's source. Pompeo reaffirmed that sentiment on Wednesday, stating that "people share data sets and come to different levels of confidence," adding that there is "significant evidence" a lab control failure is responsible.

Pompeo is correct on the top line here: There is significant evidence of a lab-related failure.

Driven by National Security Agency collection efforts, the U.S. Intelligence Community has excellent "big data" and other discipline analysis offering high confidence of Beijing's significant effort to hide evidence of the lab's research activity, personnel movement, and general operation prior to, during, and after the immediate aftermath of the virus outbreak in December 2019. Big data analysis focuses on identifying behavior on the basis of data patterns, however, is not yet sufficient to offer a multi-agency intelligence community high confidence assessment that the lab is the source of the outbreak.

There's another important point to note here: evidence of covering up lab-related activity does not necessarily evince that the lab was the outbreak site per se. Pompeo is leaning on the former as the foundation for his statements on the latter. Still, that the Chinese have tried to cover up and are continuing to cover up the lab's operations in a very significant way is striking. It strongly suggests they have something important to hide.

Others disagree. CNN reported on Tuesday that the U.S.-led "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance — Australia, Britain, Canada, and New Zealand — disagree with Pompeo's assessment. An unnamed "Western diplomat" told CNN, "We think it's highly unlikely" that a lab "accident" was responsible. They believe the virus occurred by animal-to-human interaction at a Wuhan wet market. That diplomat says the Five Eyes "are coalescing around this assessment." CNN reports that a Five Eyes diplomat agrees with the first diplomat's statement.

My sourcing suggests that this is not entirely accurate.

While it is true that Pompeo is going further than others, certain Five Eye allies agree that the evidence for a lab cover is very compelling. Even, that is, if they're not jumping to Pompeo's secondary conclusion that this proves the lab is the coronavirus source. Equally important here is that the United States has not shared the entirety of its lab-related intelligence with its allies, or, possibly, even with all executive branch policymakers. That is to protect keystone sources and to gather more corroborating intelligence that can earn allied confidence in a way that protects the source concern.

In short, Pompeo is leaning forward but not without a legitimate intelligence foundation.
The intelligence process is continuing to work this issue, and this story is far from over.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Japan is stuck in the 80s-90s in many ways. If you think about it, that was their heyday...the peak of their world influence. Things worked so well for them at that time, so they refuse to change.

All their taxis are 1995 Toyotas, most of the buildings are outdated, and the fax shyt is real. I’ve been asked to fax things that could easily be emailed in the offices I’ve worked in.
:dwillhuh: how the fukk are these guys building robots at the same time.