Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
From the first page. How far we've come.

And not.

40 days later...

I have been taking my own proactive approach, buying extra goods and supplies every time I go to the store. Case of water here, soups and canned veggies there, some protein bars and peanut butter, pasta, but also cleaning supplies, toiletries, meds.

I do think things will get worse before they get better, so I feel like it is best to be prepared. I hope to not need any of that stuff in an emergency situation, but I am glad to have them.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is serious but also an overreaction. Does that make sense? But that overreaction is due to lack of reaction from the get go.

You can see which countries took shyt seriously from the get go. US still tryna killl people over wearing masks.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Trump Death Clock

trump-clock.jpg

:banderas:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
evil af this admin is :wow:
its not super clear in the article but it looks like they came from the king county public health admin. rather than the feds

article does say this about the feds though:

“The Treasury and Interior departments announced the distribution Tuesday of $4.8 billion to tribal governments, divvied up based on their census figures. However, urban Indian programs are not part of this phase.

The stimulus money was expected to be released before the end of April, as mandated by the law, but a legal feud erupted when tribal governments denounced the idea that Alaska Native corporations, which are for-profit businesses that serve tribal villages, would be allocated some of the funding.

Tara Sweeney, the assistant secretary for Indian affairs in the Department of Interior and an Alaska Native, has been accused by some tribes of having a conflict of interest and trying to divert some of the funding for Alaska Native corporations.

The Interior Department said in a statement that Sweeney has acted ethically and that some are "seeking to sow division during a time of crisis with unfounded allegations of favoritism."

Some Native American tribes have filed lawsuits challenging the aid for Alaska Native corporations, and the Treasury Department said Tuesday that such funding will be "held back" until the litigation is resolved.

Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., the vice chairman of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, said the funds should have been out the door to help Native communities on the outset of the pandemic.

"Treasury's announcement is the definition of 'too little, too late,'" Udall said in a statement. "It comes weeks after the deadline and billions of dollars short."