Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Covid-19 causes sudden strokes in young adults, doctors say - CNN

Apparently 'Rona is causing otherwise healthy young people to suddenly have strokes.
full
full
full

:picard:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Good evening, yall. I haven't been posting a lot about my wife lately because I didn't want to jinx anything.
She is still very sick, still on pretty much around the clock IV's, and they are still trying to fight off the infection in her brain, but like 7 days ago now, they had her on a ventilator. She woke up, and was responding pretty well to instructions, but was non verbal. They decided to ween her off the vent and put her on oxygen. Well that same night she was having trouble breathing again, and they put her back on the vent. We found out the next morning that all this shyt went down, so I was hopeful, and then distraught, because all the news you see is vent=grave nowadays.
About 5pm that day, after being a complete fukking mess, I get a call from the hospital, I didn't even want to answer tbh, I was, in those 3 rings, ready for the worst news in my life. I picked up, voice shaky
Nurse: is this Mr. Fact?
Me: This is he.
Nurse: Mr. Fact, she wants to facetime with you..
Me: Which Dr.? or Nurse?
Nurse: No, your wife!
Me: What are you talking about, she just got put back on the vent this morning, what are you saying? *all that's going through my mind is that they are letting her facetime her family because she is......)
Nurse: She will explain everything
So it was, about 10 minutes later I get a facetime from the units ipad from my beautiful, tough as fukk, gangster ass wife with NO NEUROLOGICAL DAMAGE telling me that she came to this morning (about 30 minutes after I heard from the Dr's that am) not knowing why she was in the hospital, not knowing a week went by, and ready to put hands on nurses and dr's for having her on a ventilator. I was having a really hard time getting through the call, I was so fukking overjoyed, it's harder than I thought it would ever be explaining to someone that you thought they were going to die, and how much it meant to me to hear her voice and see her face again, something I wasn't sure I was going to ever be able to do again, in this life anyway. Especially with her being confused as to what the fukk happened, being in a place she hates (we have spent WAY too much time in hospitals over the past 8 years), and her just saying she wants me to come and get her right now.
I actually slept for the first time that night thinking everything might turn out alright. The next day, we talked a couple more times on the ipad, the Dr's and Nurses I talked to all said that they had never seen a patient go from what she was 24 hrs ago to what she was when she woke up. I tried to warn them not to get too far ahead of themselves just yet, she is a nurse herself and has been dealing with a very rare disease, learning everything there is to know about it for the last 8 years, along with a practically identic memory for medical science, that if they treat her like a "victim" or not tell her exactly what is happening, however complex they might think it is for normal patients to hear, she is going to make hell for them. Luckily the HCP's really actually appreciated my wife's knowledge and ability to answer questions about her conditions, her symptoms, and helped administer a lot of her own simple care, she said they were absolutely fukking slammed, a lot of the nurses and dr's were running on fumes.

I talked the person that was supposed to be my point person inside the hospital so I didn't have to keep calling the nurses and drs every hour, and she told me that my wife would definitely be in the hospital for another 6-8 weeks on IV antibiotics. Ok, that's a long ass time, but whatever it takes, even though my wife is gonna lose her shyt. I then get a call from the neurosurgeon that will be doing her last resort brain surgery if the infection does not go away, and he said she will be in the hospital for at least another week. WTF? I called back my point person, she said she will look into it. I get a call from Dr. that runs the unit she is on, She says at least middle of May. I get a call from my wife on Friday, she says "I'll be home next week". WTF!! I just chalked up my wife's wishful thinking to drugs or exhaustion. On Monday morning my wife calls and says "I'm not getting discharged today". I said "Well, that sucks (in the back of my mind, i'm like no shyt, you aren't coming home anytime soon baby)", She also told me that she came back negative for her 3rd Covid test (apparently they are out of room, and there are units where non covid, and covid patients are onm same floor, and have same nurses, which scared the fukking shyt out of me). She also said that there was a chaos on the floor among the nurses because they ran out of masks. FANTASTIC.
Tuesday morning she calls me at 8am "I'm being discharged today". I'm still letting all of this sink in. She is not out of the woods yet, she is still very sick, still on IV's, but she is in the other room right now, I can hear her sleeping, I can hold her when I go to bed.

Thank you everyone on here for all your well wishes, positive energy, prayers, everything!! I am extra humbled, gracious, happy, and hopeful. This site's community is overall one of love, compassion, togetherness, and positivity!!! I wish nothing but good health, good will, and a good and happy life for y'all, and I absolutely believe that all the positivity from y'all was a factor in the miracle of my wife's ability to heal at home. Thank you!

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Good evening, yall. I haven't been posting a lot about my wife lately because I didn't want to jinx anything.
She is still very sick, still on pretty much around the clock IV's, and they are still trying to fight off the infection in her brain, but like 7 days ago now, they had her on a ventilator. She woke up, and was responding pretty well to instructions, but was non verbal. They decided to ween her off the vent and put her on oxygen. Well that same night she was having trouble breathing again, and they put her back on the vent. We found out the next morning that all this shyt went down, so I was hopeful, and then distraught, because all the news you see is vent=grave nowadays.
About 5pm that day, after being a complete fukking mess, I get a call from the hospital, I didn't even want to answer tbh, I was, in those 3 rings, ready for the worst news in my life. I picked up, voice shaky
Me: What are you talking about, she just got put back on the vent this morning, what are you saying? *all that's going through my mind is that they are letting her facetime her family because she is......)
So it was, about 10 minutes later I get a facetime from the units ipad from my beautiful, tough as fukk, gangster ass wife with NO NEUROLOGICAL DAMAGE telling me that she came to this morning (about 30 minutes after I heard from the Dr's that am) not knowing why she was in the hospital, not knowing a week went by, and ready to put hands on nurses and dr's for having her on a ventilator. I was having a really hard time getting through the call, I was so fukking overjoyed, it's harder than I thought it would ever be explaining to someone that you thought they were going to die, and how much it meant to me to hear her voice and see her face again, something I wasn't sure I was going to ever be able to do again, in this life anyway. Especially with her being confused as to what the fukk happened, being in a place she hates (we have spent WAY too much time in hospitals over the past 8 years), and her just saying she wants me to come and get her right now.
I actually slept for the first time that night thinking everything might turn out alright. The next day, we talked a couple more times on the ipad, the Dr's and Nurses I talked to all said that they had never seen a patient go from what she was 24 hrs ago to what she was when she woke up. I tried to warn them not to get too far ahead of themselves just yet, she is a nurse herself and has been dealing with a very rare disease, learning everything there is to know about it for the last 8 years, along with a practically identic memory for medical science, that if they treat her like a "victim" or not tell her exactly what is happening, however complex they might think it is for normal patients to hear, she is going to make hell for them. Luckily the HCP's really actually appreciated my wife's knowledge and ability to answer questions about her conditions, her symptoms, and helped administer a lot of her own simple care, she said they were absolutely fukking slammed, a lot of the nurses and dr's were running on fumes.

I talked the person that was supposed to be my point person inside the hospital so I didn't have to keep calling the nurses and drs every hour, and she told me that my wife would definitely be in the hospital for another 6-8 weeks on IV antibiotics. Ok, that's a long ass time, but whatever it takes, even though my wife is gonna lose her shyt. I then get a call from the neurosurgeon that will be doing her last resort brain surgery if the infection does not go away, and he said she will be in the hospital for at least another week. WTF? I called back my point person, she said she will look into it. I get a call from Dr. that runs the unit she is on, She says at least middle of May. I get a call from my wife on Friday, she says "I'll be home next week". WTF!! I just chalked up my wife's wishful thinking to drugs or exhaustion. On Monday morning my wife calls and says "I'm not getting discharged today". I said "Well, that sucks (in the back of my mind, i'm like no shyt, you aren't coming home anytime soon baby)", She also told me that she came back negative for her 3rd Covid test (apparently they are out of room, and there are units where non covid, and covid patients are onm same floor, and have same nurses, which scared the fukking shyt out of me). She also said that there was a chaos on the floor among the nurses because they ran out of masks. FANTASTIC.
Tuesday morning she calls me at 8am "I'm being discharged today". I'm still letting all of this sink in. She is not out of the woods yet, she is still very sick, still on IV's, but she is in the other room right now, I can hear her sleeping, I can hold her when I go to bed.

Thank you everyone on here for all your well wishes, positive energy, prayers, everything!! I am extra humbled, gracious, happy, and hopeful. This site's community is overall one of love, compassion, togetherness, and positivity!!! I wish nothing but good health, good will, and a good and happy life for y'all, and I absolutely believe that all the positivity from y'all was a factor in the miracle of my wife's ability to heal at home. Thank you!

Happy for you breh. That's great news.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Man that's awesome news.

:salute: