Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
And if you want to see something really depressing:

A new model suggests that even in best case scenario (including some weather suppression of the disease), India may face 1 million people requiring hospitalization simultaneously at the peak.

Talking about needing 700,000 to 1,000,000 ventilators to control that peak. Currently India has less than 50,000 ventilators.

COVID-19 Modeling with IndiaSIM - Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP)

https://cddep.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/covid19.indiasim.March23-2-4.pdf
Damn. they got a model for some african countries?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Yup, just wait. If Biden wins, Warren will have the free reign she didn’t have in 2008 to hem shyt up. I can almost guarantee it.

The messaging has to be right though. It will be necessary and painful.
:ohhh:Leftist really believe regulations stop crime... this explains so much.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Damn. they got a model for some african countries?
I don't think so - at least I haven't seen it yet. It's a combination of less testing/data and the fact that this particular company that did this modeling work is a US-Indian partnership. The data that the group used to make those predictions was using some really fine-tuned testing and population information.

But there could be a study out there I haven't heard about. I didn't even know about that Indian study until it got in the news when Johns Hopkins disowned it (they had used a Johns Hopkins logo on the paper because they partner with them but there was a public PR issue because Johns Hopkins made clear that they didn't have anything to do with that particular study and it led some media to pull the paper).

However, there was a study that modeled which African countries were most likely to have outbreaks first and which were most prepared to deal with it:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30464-5/fulltext
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30411-6/fulltext

And this group is crowd-sourcing African data scientists to predict COVID-19 spread:

TechCrunch is now a part of Verizon Media

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Yeah, the Lebron trolling face was the perfect way to end this post.

You damn well know why there are restrictions on medical/vaccination testing or why HIPAA regulations are important. Neither of which have any negative effect other than stopping greedy ass people from exploiting those industries. And I see you trying to sandwich that trash ass EPA decision in there when we know that was simply a profit based decision that was made to exploit the current situation and has no real basis of connection to covid-19. If anything, environmental regulations should get stricter on pollutants since we're in the middle of a viral respiratory pandemic :wtb:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don't think so - at least I haven't seen it yet. It's a combination of less testing/data and the fact that this particular company that did this modeling work is a US-Indian partnership. The data that the group used to make those predictions was using some really fine-tuned testing and population information.

But there could be a study out there I haven't heard about. I didn't even know about that Indian study until it got in the news when Johns Hopkins disowned it (they had used a Johns Hopkins logo on the paper because they partner with them but there was a public PR issue because Johns Hopkins made clear that they didn't have anything to do with that particular study and it led some media to pull the paper).

However, there was a study that modeled which African countries were most likely to have outbreaks first and which were most prepared to deal with it:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30464-5/fulltext
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30411-6/fulltext

And this group is crowd-sourcing African data scientists to predict COVID-19 spread:

TechCrunch is now a part of Verizon Media
Imma check it out. I'm in the medical field and things are escalating around here

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nah y’all can bond over hating progressives
You're so mad nikkas aren't Bernie bros you hope they get coronavirus.

I already have insurance so if I die at least you can't use me for a fallacious Medicare for all argument.

Foh :umad: