Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
M4A is irrelevant in this particular instance. An argument can be made that M4A would have given this kid a better shot at living but again - irrelevant to the conversation.

The boy did not walk into urgent care looking to be treated as a covid-19 patient or for something as serious as a fatal gunshot wound. He went in with symptoms, we know the primary symptoms to be fever and/or shortness of breath. One would even say these types of symptoms and potentially treatable illnesses are why urgent cares even exist, to not only supplement the time between when a patient can see their general practitioner but to keep the flow of ERs open for actual emergencies.

So, many are questioning the practice of re-routing a patient without at the minimum some type of basic stabilizing treatment before sending them on their way - an ice pack for a fever or oxygen for shortness of breath. Basic treatment an urgent care is capable of.

No insurance? No ice pack. Can't breathe? Oh, I hope you can drive fast enough to make it to the ER to get checked in and sit in the waiting room to be seen.

For the sake of argument, lets say they suspected he was in the early stages of covid-19, the misinformation that has been circulating would have lead them to believe that his age would have made him low risk for death and he would just require treatment.

Either way, bad situation all the way around.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So many are questioning the practice of re-routing a patient without at the minimum some type of basic stabilizing treatment before sending them on their way - an ice pack for a fever or oxygen for shortness of breath. Basic treatment an urgent care is capable of.

No insurance? No ice pack. Can't breathe? Oh, I hope you can drive fast enough to make it to the ER to get checked in and sit in the waiting room to be seen.
Simple ask, what minimum level of treatment are urgent care facilities required to give no matter?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Simple ask, what minimum level of treatment are urgent care facilities required to give no matter?
I think that answers itself doesn't it? Stabilize to the best of their limitations and then send you on your way.

If you get shot and need a trauma unit but you're taken to a hospital without one, they don't just leave you bleeding to death in the hallway until you're transported to a facility with one, they stabilize you to the best of their limitations.

Despite it being a health care facility of a much smaller scale, its goals are supposed to be the same....keeping people alive :manny:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I think that answers itself doesn't it? Stabilize to the best of their limitations and then send you on your way.

If you get shot and need a trauma unit but you're taken to a hospital without one, they don't just leave you bleeding to death in the hallway until you're transported to a facility with one, they stabilize you to the best of their limitations.

Despite it being a health care facility of a much smaller scale, its goals are supposed to be the same....keeping people alive :manny:
Legally.:comeon:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He can't do shyt. The President doesn't have that power. That's up to the states.

He's trying to use it as a setup for an "I told you so" later.

If anything, I see this as the setup for when things start looking just as grim in parts of the country as it does here in NY. The same governors talking tough about how their states "aren't California" and trying to continue business as usual will be blaming fleeing New Yorkers for the coming spike in cases in their own backyards.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
False, Dems punting to Trump(which they are preparing to do again) and China's communist party got us here.
not really. ironically the chinese wet markets have avoided regulation through their lobbyists. if they had been better regulated this most likely would not have happened.

the free market strikes again :mjcry:

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
False, Dems punting to Trump(which they are preparing to do again) and China's communist party got us here.
Um because of polices favoring capitalism and his election , trump wanted to keep businesses open thus infecting more ppl. And someone already mentioned in this thread that because China did not regulate wet market, another hall mark of libertarianism/ free market capitalism, the virus was created. The problem is that you are approaching it likes it's a footbalI game. But these are people's lives.I think you need to realize that your ideology isn't perfect. Ours isn't perfect either. And capitalism is FAR from perfect.