Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I dont know if anyone mention this yet but I bet Trump is getting some type of kick back from those companies that manufacture medical equipment. They bribed him not activate the Defense Production Act. They are making states compete, driving up cost and requiring them to order enough to be made a priority.
They killing it right now and they know Trump is all about enriching himself.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I dont know if anyone mention this yet but I bet Trump is getting some type of kick back from those companies that manufacture medical equipment. They bribed him not activate the Defense Production Act. They are making states compete, driving up cost and requiring them to order enough to be made a priority.
They killing it right now and they know Trump is all about enriching himself.
Medical device manufacturers were the most outspoken about a simple 2% tax in the ACA. Since the powerhouses are located in Minnesota, their politicians were most vocal about repealing the tax (spoiler: it was repealed in 2019 with the individual mandate).

The defense production act and any other action that involves government ownership is despised by capitalist in both parties.

Those same procurement contracts that are being scrutinized now are regular functions of public/private partnership.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
My question is that we spend billions on defense and intelligence. How did the CIA and DoD not sound huge alarms. Was China hiding the info and the extend of the virus? Yes but this where the CIA and DoD can give the government and executive branch key info.

What is the point of having a strong defense and intelligence if people are dying left and right. Time to cut funding and cut some heads.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
My question is that we spend billions on defense and intelligence. How did the CIA and DoD not sound huge alarms. Was China hiding the info and the extend of the virus? Yes but this where the CIA and DoD can give the government and executive branch key info.

What is the point of having a strong defense and intelligence if people are dying left and right. Time to cut funding and cut some heads.

seems like the administration ignored it

even the media was covering this way before I made this thread on January 18

I'm all for strengthening our social safety net as well

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Of course the administration ignored, or it never got to the president at all, because they screen all the info, to what he will like, or react positively too. I read about this at least 3 months ago. So, officials and intelligence knew months before that.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Seen a few black posters regurgitating their sinophobia here and I'm not talking about Nap :sas2:

I'm really trying to urge people to understand that holding onto the label of liberal, conservative, or progressive is going to push you into agreeing with Islamophobia or sinophobia. Those labels mask white people's racism.

How quickly we forget the way Africans were demonized for ebola. :hubie:

If you wouldn't trust the "paper of record" to report on black issues, why would you trust them on anything else?
Or Syphilis
Or aids

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
This is tiring bro...I don't even need to type up a full response

but those wet markets actually exist in China and its highly likely that's where the disease jumped form animals to humans. Take accountability, if this shyt came from nikkas rating chitlins these asians would be nowhere to be found defending us.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Louis_guillotine-700x390.jpg

Just Blaze: "It's coming..."

Oh, it certainly will :demonic:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's no miracle.

The majority display mild symptoms and recover fine.

I hope these folks coming out has a calming effect.

This is the front runner to replace the current retard in office? :merchant:

It's amazing how unprepared the US is in dealing with anything but an armed conflict. Even little ass Taiwan had an infrastructure in place to deal with this, and was immediately scanning folks inbound from China in airports.

Can't get a paperclip through TSA, but a deadly virus? Walk right in...

I'm no conspiracy nut but if this was a targeted biological attack to cripple the country, I'd say it was an effective one :francis:

If by majority you mean those without prior health issues then that is my point

It seems Coronavirus is bad when combined with other serious health issues

I wish news outlets would explain exactly how these people are dying instead of saying “corona has killed another man” etc...

Is it just the lack of ventilators or what?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's gonna be a hot ass summer and an warm winter. People are going to riot over this, no question about it. All it is is just a matter of when. And I hate to say this , but that's what we may need to get the changes that this country is in dire need of. We have tried peaceful revolution.

People on Twitter are roasting wealthy celebrities that refuse to use their own money and buy essential goods to help the general population fight the virus, like Pharell Williams getting roasted because he begging his poor fanbase to use their money for charities, than to use his own money