Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:ohhh:Never thought about that
Nah it aint that deep. Dude is incomponent. Leaders in blue states aint even listening to him, but he's been trying take credit for them mobilizing ahead of the curve.

Because what would the narrative be, if and when this disease shifts down south, where the largest proportion of black people in the country live, where they are also more likely to be poor, lack access to health care, need to work and the states don't have the social welfare or capital to fight off the disease. Would you really give trump credit for potentially killing numerous black people?

This shyt has the potential be real bad. If it's heading the direction I think it is, where people in Blue states will eventually curve / flatten / stabilize the cases, but the south with limited / failing health infrastructure along, with the type of leadership unwilling to take preventative measures, is a recipe for disaster.

The south is super vulnerable:
14_0442_01.jpg

Remember those with pre-existing conditions are at the great risk....

The west coast isn't shyt compared to south.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Trump is using this virus to punish "blue" cities. Isn't it obvious yet?
:francis:

Trump was asked how he’s doing dealing with the country’s governors through this crisis, especially the Democratic governors.

All is well, Trump said, citing California governor Gavin Newsom.

“Governor Newsom and I have been getting along,” Trump said. “We’re speaking to each other, whether it’s conference calls.”

But Trump added that it has to be a mutually friendly relationship.

“It’s a two way street. They have to treat us well also,” Trump said. Trump went on to point, once again, to New York governor Andrew Cuomo saying earlier today that the Trump administration had not provided the necessary amount of ventilators to his state.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
India just announced a 21-day full lockdown. Everyone must remain in their homes. They've already been on lockdown for three days but this sounds way way stricter, the government only announced it with 4 hours notice.

1.3 billion people. Most of them in poverty. Stuck in tiny homes like 4 people to a room on average. For over 3 weeks.

This is a crazy fukking situation. And they'd only had 10 deaths in the country so far too (though that data may have been fudged).

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
@TheDarceKnight

Should I quit my job? I work a minimum wage job at a restaurant in Americus, Georgia but haven't worked since this past Monday. I live with my mother because I cant afford my own place at the moment. Because of the coronavirus is it too risky to continue working at a restaurant?
First of all I’m very sorry about being in such a tough situation. Second of all, please don’t take my advise as your only consideration. I’m not a professional by any means, and I’m trying to figure out a lot of similar decisions in my own life. No easy answers.

being exposed to people greatly increases the chances of you, and by extension her, getting it. That being said, if you need the job you have to do what you have to do. It sucks. I don’t see this situation easing up anytime super soon. So if you don’t have enough money to quit and have a safety net with a savings account or even unemployment, then I don’t want to encourage you to quit.

I mean the odds are in both of your favor that if you get sick you won’t die. But there are also a lot of other shytty outcomes ranging from just being miserable for a couple of weeks, to hospital and medical bills, to possibly having critical complications. Or you could both get it and not even ever have symptoms.

It’s so hard to call. I really feel for you. There’s so much we don’t know about this virus yet, and so much of these outcomes are coming down to what seems like random luck.

are you in a populated area? Is your work taking any safety precautions? Anymore info you can provide?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i hope theres some kinda bonus from the hospitals or the government, for all these doctors and nurses

we're all staying at home and they're going into work to deal with this directly and risk getting it themselves. heroic shyt :wow:
Less traffic is the only reward :mjcry: no days off :wow:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i hope theres some kinda bonus from the hospitals or the government, for all these doctors and nurses

we're all staying at home and they're going into work to deal with this directly and risk getting it themselves. heroic shyt :wow:
I feel like canceling all of their student debt has to part of the package right?