Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:usure:You wouldnt happen to have any college loan debt would you. :jbhmm:

That would make your perspective biased, aside from someone like @the cac mamba who actually paid off their debt in a reasonable time frame.:smugfavre:

I finished paying off my college debt less than 5 years after finishing grad school and still am a fan of loan forgiveness.

And considering that I rolled with three different deferrals and forgiveness programs on my way there I might have set a low-key record for least interest paid. I think I had more debt forgiven than interest accrued.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Exclusive: U.S. axed CDC expert job in China months before virus outbreak

"Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned".

I realize the horse it out of the barn did anyone else read this?

@Rhakim @FAH1223 @Pressure @tru_m.a.c @Serious etc

That should be a big deal but they'll just keep deflecting. If Linda Quick is a patriot she should keep doing her best within the system and then the moment it's feasible quit that shyt and go public with what happened and what impact it had. I hope she's the one feeding the whistleblowing on it.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
My buddy just got tested there, he works for welfare office

Hes been fukked up for weeks and was on the way to work until he got a call from the health department to take the test. They initially didnt test him when they went in and only did an xray of his lungs

2-3 days for test results. Not sure if they told him to stay home in the meantime

wishing him the best, I was honestly shocked they didn't close down a lot government jobs earlier

at least he was able to get tested and get an x-ray

From what I've read here if you get tested you're supposed to self-quarantine and they're supposed to be following up with people with wellness checks etc.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
wishing him the best, I was honestly shocked they didn't close down a lot government jobs earlier

at least he was able to get tested and get an x-ray

From what I've read here if you get tested you're supposed to self-quarantine and they're supposed to be following up with people with wellness checks etc.

Yeah but idk what theyre actually doing there, he didnt respond when i asked him if they told him to stay home

I know they werent letting employees wear masks or gloves

They should have been working to expand online capabilities for the welfare offices. In this time, there is tons of traffic and high likelihood of spread.

I understand many dont have the ability to fax documents or may not even have online access but im sure they could figure something out..such as automatically continuing benefits for those already approved indefinitely

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Scientists working on $25 coronavirus test

From CNN's Nick Paton Walsh

Scientists at Oxford University have developed a 30-minute test for COVID-19, which can be done anywhere. The raw materials for it cost about $25.

A team at the Engineering Science Laboratory, working with partner medics in China had an 8 week head-start on developing the test, which uses a mix of chemicals and enzymes which turn from pink to yellow in color in the presence of the virus.

The test has a huge advantage in both its speed, but also because the chemicals only need to be kept at 65°C (or 150°F) for half an hour, which can be done easily in any hospital, or even eventually at home.

While there are hurdles ahead, the test may be able to complete clinical trials in the coming days.

"We have 3 things to do," Professor Zhengfang Cui, who led the team, said. "The first is to get clinical trials. We just started those here at Oxford University Hospital. The second thing is regulatory approval, which is based on the number of tests done.

"The third is to get industry partners to implement large scale manufacture. For that, we need clean rooms and manufacturing facilities. And then we can roll out he product," Zhenfang said, adding that he hoped the steps can be completed in 2 to 4 weeks.

Watch:

Scientists working on $25 coronavirus test

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking for any reports on how this is personally affecting Trump's businesses. This could explain his rush to get people back to work.

Its his base in Texas and Florida pushing it. The rich want the money and want the lower class to continue to make them rich despite the risks.

Im like what good is money when everyone is dead? What you gonna spend it on?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Its his base in Texas and Florida pushing it. The rich want the money and want the lower class to continue to make them rich despite the risks.

Im like what good is money when everyone is dead? What you gonna spend it on?
Gold plated coffins
full

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
I mean what do you say to people who are more afraid of the economic issues than the mortality rate. People who aren't in the danger zone age wise are going to be on some fukk them old people I can't not work for 3 months i got bills and the world doesn't shut down for the flu or aids.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It needs to happen everywhere

In our country the corporate greed is preventing it from happening.

There just needs to be a cleansing at the top.

Some of these folks gotta go...permanently

:camby:
:snoop:

For real...

Just shut down payment on utilities, mortgages/rent, loans/interest, etc... for like 2+ months. Give people enough to get groceries and essentials - hopefully start back up in 3+ months? Although i still worry it will spread again :leostare:

Last edited: