Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So this won't end in the US until like the fall.

We're gonna be living on lockdown at least until late summer...agree?

No one really has any fukking clue. One scientific paper I read suggested rolling lockdowns for the next 18 months were the most likely scenario, like 2 months on lockdown and then 2 months off until cases spike up again sending us back to another lockdown, rinse and repeat. According to that paper, it all depends on what our tolerance levels are, how many deaths we're willing to see before we send everyone back to their rooms.

That paper didn't take into account several big factors though. What if one of the treatments works especially well? What if the vaccine comes out? What if it's seasonal and cases die down naturally in the summer? A lot of big if's.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Man, I just keep staring at the numbers in Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brazil. Just read 4-5 articles about the situation in India and another on Kenya. Right now I'm as shook as I've been.

In America, we'll get through this. Everyone posting right now, treatment will be available to us. A few brehs might die but we live with that possibility every day. We may lose some loved ones...but again, that possibility is every day.

But I keep thinking about Africa, South American, south and southeast Asia. The situation in Italy right now? That's a NORMAL day in India even without coronavirus. They ALREADY are overmaxed with not enough doctors, not enough respirators, not enough hospital rooms. Not to mention in places of poverty you ain't getting no fukking social distancing. In Kenya the troops are using tear gas on the fukking traders trying to force them to go home so crowds stop gathering in the market. But there will still be crowds in every fukking slum and village. Ain't no such thing as quarantine there, not culturally and not even really physically possible when folk dependent on the daily wage for daily food and no one has anything stored at home and population density high as fukk.

It hasn't blown up in any 3rd-world country yet. And maybe it won't. Maybe they're warm enough that it will be okay. About 10 times a day I'm staring at those southeast Asian numbers waiting to see how they move....

Man, if this shyt hits those countries it ain't gonna be no 1-3% fatality rate. They gonna have a hard as hell time treating anybody. Hospitals completely overrun and then it don't matter WHAT you have, you won't be able to get medical attention. I can easily see doctors fleeing under the burden, these are middle/upper class folk, exposure will be rampant and they ain't in it to die. Doctors fleeing and doctors getting sick, medical care will drop even further, even more deaths. And these are populations where you already have tuberculosis, AIDS, respiratory illness, malnutrition, etc. etc.

Again, it ain't jumped in any 3rd-world country still. Maybe the heat will save them. Or maybe it will at least slow shyt down to a manageable level. Even "let's just keep shyt at Italy-level" feels like a win. But I'm feeling pretty damn shook right now.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

shyt is going to be like Pirates of the Carribean meets Waterworld.

a87d2ce96506b2d39c885a72d8f09d5f.jpg

We need to have a serious reset on what media can get away with and how they brainwash the masses

OANN trying to kill their own Fanbase :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Strange how Iran kinda......there. I thought it would be Italy status
There's a lot of talk that Iran is mad lying about it's figures. It's certainly possible - not only is Iran the type of government that would lie and think they could get away with it, but the reports on the ground are so bad that you could certainly believe they represent a higher death toll. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Iran is seeing something closer to Spain/Italy numbers and just doesn't want that info to get out.