Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Aren't they testing less? I think you need to base progress/lack of progress on the number of hospitalizations or other factors.
I agree that cases don't mean much, but the drop in deaths is :patrice:.

It could mean nothing. Other countries had drops in deaths followed by new jumps. I'm just saying it's still pretty unpredictable right now.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nuclear war, Asteroids, Alien invasions or a Super volcano was how we was supposed to go out. :mjcry:

Not some fukking virus with the same name as a piss colored cerveza. :snoop:
I get the point you're making. That it's so anti-climactic. But for what it's worth the experts have been saying all along that this is the real shyt to worry about way more than volcanos, nuclear war, asteroids, etc.

We could've been so much better prepared.

:mjcry:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
.....And this summer is already gearing up to be the hottest on record due to climate change. This means widespread wild fires, droughts, and extreme weather events. I don't have a good feeling about our future as a species in the short term. I always knew our civilization was headed towards collapse, I just never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

I wish I could just go into the woods and live remotely in a cabin away from this chaotic world.

Agreed on the non-bolded part, and same here re: the bolded part. I'm starting to just want to live out the remainder of my life with my girl in peace in a more remote area, try to spend more time off the grid, do may part to help my community there, and tune out of the problems of the world.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Jesus!

I'm not an economic expert, but we need to get the cash to the people on the front lines to keep them going and worry about the repercussions later. We can't have hospitals closing during the middle of this.

One more time in case any of the "It's just a flu" crowd is still in this thread.
:pacspit:

:wow:
Number ain't going down anytime soon either.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
While the shyt is most definitely still hitting the fan hard, I honestly was expecting worse numbers for the United States by this time this week, as far as areas outside of NY was concerned. NY is getting hit about as hard as I expected, and I still think Florida and California are trending to get hit super hard, but 7 days ago I thought there would be a bigger number of deaths for the other 49 states at this time. I'm gonna knock on wood, and even though I still expect things to be bad, I'm hoping that many of the U.S. states have some sort of x-factor that may have kept some things at bay up to now.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Yep, predicting is hard. New cases in the USA dropped yesterday for the first time in more than a week. Deaths have dropped slightly two days in a row. Is that a random lull, the result of better treatments, or a sign that social distancing and warming weather are making a positive difference? We don't know right now but if these trends continue another 2-3 days I think that'll be a super positive sign and in another week we'll know for sure.
I noticed our death rate is low so far. I think Italy just lost control cuz they got overwhelmed.

Do we have more hospitals here per person?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I noticed our death rate is low so far. I think Italy just lost control cuz they got overwhelmed.

Death rate will go up once the healthcare system reaches maximum capacity and we run out of available ventilators.

This is why the number of raw cases actually isn’t as significant as the number of hospitalizations/max bed and ICU capacity

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Outbreak still a lot newer here, the big numbers haven't necessarily hit the hospitals yet.

We have fewer doctors per person and fewer respirators per person than Italy. But fewer old people because our life expectancy is about 5 years shorter and there are way more kids in America.