Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Humor me please. Location being equal what kind of additional assistance would a high income family require, and how significant would the proposed $2,400 be? Should that be increased considering it may be insufficient?

Maybe I'm bugging for expecting high income folks to have enough savings, access to credit to get themselves through hard times :yeshrug:
If you’re a business owner or a couple making that who now has no income coming in due to closures, you need help. Everyone/household that hits $150k isn’t just white collar office workers who are still sailing along fine

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
But location isn’t equal so we can’t just wave that off.

What is happening now is economically unprecedented in our life times. I just don’t think it’s the time to start slapping someone on the wrist at 150K about how they spent their money. Everyone may potentially need help at this point. The problem is too big to parse details at the 150K range right now.

I was out walking with a friend today who essentially just got laid off and while we were walking a peer company laid off a third of its staff. This isn’t an industry that you wouldn’t immediately think this impact and they cut folks less than a week in. Why didn’t the company have savings and lines of credit to hold these people over?

I get you sentiment overall but this is different.
I hear what you're saying, and you're right everyone will need help. I just can't help but feel those at the bottom should be prioritized as they have the least to fall back on, and have historically been the hardest hit.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hear what you're saying, and you're right everyone will need help. I just can't help but feel those at the bottom should be prioritized as they have the least to fall back on, and have historically been the hardest hit.
And I don’t disagree with that. My only point is that a lot of people are facing work and problems and 150K for two people isn’t nearly the ceiling.

---

Superstar
Daps
I believe the gov is gonna pick up the bill for this corona shyt... no one should worry bout cost.

France, has fewer cases than America and more deaths? :mjtf:

These EU healthcare systems getting exposed.

This is not a competition and should stop looking over at other countries and worry about yours. Nothing is getting exposed!

It's a different culture. Best stop using that word expose cause sure as the sky is blue America wont be able to contain this if people dont stay indoors.