Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Congress needs to let Trumps tax suspension go through.:wow:
If you have no income tax...because you're unemployed...how does that help?

I think everyone should get help and I don't think it should be means tested but you can make the argument that those employed are still at least getting paid. How does an income tax suspension help someone laid off:what:? Should those people be the priority since they are in the direst need?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
He's really proposing rich people get more than poor people in the middle of a pandemic. Why isn't this fukk getting pancreatic cancer and dying a slow, painful death?
:patrice:He's proposing the bracket likely to have $2500 rent/mortgage gets more than the bracket likely to have $700 rent...
I get it... but not sure they will be able to defend in this crisis.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
If you have no income tax...because you're unemployed...how does that help?

I think everyone should get help and I don't think it should be means tested but you can make the argument that those employed are still at least getting paid. How does an income tax suspension help someone laid off:what:? Should those people be the priority since they are in the direst need?
Shouldnt be looking for silver bullet.
There should be several measures taken, this is one of them, and it directly aids the often shytted on middle class.
:yeshrug:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A couple making $150k aren't as strapped for cash, nor have as few options as a couple making $35K. To award them twice as much (not taking kids into account) as folks earning a fifth of their income is obscene.

But this is America. Those that are well off will continue to be better taken care of :francis:

Daps
Its 80 degrees in philly, no way the majority of the city stays inside....

I drove my girl into work today over in Philly and couldn't believe how warm it was outside. I've had the first day of spring marked on my calendar for months, just waiting for events to open up where I could take her 5yr old son and my two little nieces.

Now it's finally here and nothing we can do with it.

I feel like Bruh Man when he had that dream of the big see-thru 'fridgerator full of sammiches, but he couldn't open the door.

:sadbron:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
A couple making $150k aren't as strapped for cash, nor have as few options as a couple making $35K. To award them twice as much (not taking kids into account) as folks earning a fifth of their income is obscene.

But this is America. Those that are well off will continue to be better taken care of :francis:
Well that’s two different things. I’m not arguing that the ratios are off but who is to say that the 150k couple aren’t also facing a tough situation.

150K has different values dependent on location.

The plan is shyt but it’s slippery slope assuming that a 150K family doesn’t need assistance. These ain’t normal times.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
April 7th actually so not even a month. However, CPS is closed until April 20th. I bet they will end the stay at home order to April 20 as well. They are trying to slow down the infections because he says he can see the medical system here being overwhelmed.

Its 80 degrees in philly, no way the majority of the city stays inside....We're fukked :wow:

streets are going to be on fire this summer, I'm kind of dreading it

:to: